Our new baby Ramen has stress marks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyandramen

Original Poster
did remove the plastic cover! so it's the raw bulb. it really doesn't producs much heat (the old bulb did) hence the additional ceramic to make the tank the right temp

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
UVB's are not supposed to produce heat-- you need a separate basking bulb - bright white-- NO COLORED-- if you need heat at nite to keep your tank above 65 get a CHE they are heat only no light--- they require separate dome correct wattage they come in 75-150-- I use a 100 watt center of tank top of screen for a 120 gallon tank / 4x2x2-- keeps my tanks around 70 at nite
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, everything's looking good now ! Sounds like you have a great little dragon, healthy and eating well. :) You've probably thought [ like most new owners ] that the " stress marks " mean the dragon is stressed, unhappy but that's not true. Those marks can come + go anytime, even with a perfectly happy dragon because they can also have them due to plain old energy level/excitement and other reasons. No need to worry. And as for the t8 light bulb that you mounted in the tank, they should be 8-10" away so your distance is fine. Any closer than that is actually a bit too close. I bred dragons for many years, the bulbs back in the 90's were even weaker but no one had them closer then 8" or so and we brought up strong dragons with no MBD. Look forward t all the updates on your little guy who will grow very quickly at the rate he is eating. :)

dannyandramen

Original Poster
super yay! thanks to all for the advice! if I didn't reply w/ a specific answer we ARE doing everything suggested from all of the posts. so excited for this adventure.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Glad you are getting everything squared away! How is Ramen settling in now? :)

-Brandon

dannyandramen

Original Poster
He seems to like us. And never hides and comes up and licks the glass whenever he sees danny. Danny hand feeds him (w fingers not tweezers) almost every day just a little for bonding. Ramen is ok w but not super eager to be held but loves to be petted.
We had a little worry bc the other morning he wouldn’t eat crickets and normally he’s a piggy. We have a great local pet shop where ramens brothers still are. And they said the other babies were also a little finicky right about now when they are about to shed. And that also sometimes they just decide they are picky one day or are bored of crickets They had us give him some Dubia roaches and he went wild for them and was right back to normal. And sure enough this morning he looks like he’s just about to shed. So all is well I think!
Stress marks abound but his behavior and activity and eating don’t indicate stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom