Hiding under??

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

Re: Hiding under??

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 am

Direct sunlight is best and the earlier the better but some is better than none --- just get your UVB changed out as soon as you can -- you need him to eat and get the UVB -- he will eventually quit eating as he wont be able to absorb the calcium he needs
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby LimKH » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 am

KarrieRee wrote:Direct sunlight is best and the earlier the better but some is better than none --- just get your UVB changed out as soon as you can -- you need him to eat and get the UVB -- he will eventually quit eating as he wont be able to absorb the calcium he needs
Karrie

Okok. I will do that the next day as it's night time again😅. I come from the East and there's a big time gap between the West. I can maybe dust his food with calcium. Will that work for him to continue eating?
LimKH
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:20 am

You need to be dusting his bugs 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 and vitamins 2 x per week--. Live insects like crickets dubia roaches bsfl-- those you don't need to dust- as they are calcium enriched- his main diet is bugs so feed as many as he will eat in 10 minutes---- but feed greens first before bugs- you want him eating his greens - I will post a link for a nutrition website- you are where?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Behavior