New dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new to this site I recently bought a beardie (hypo zero approx. 4-5 months old) he barely comes out of his hide on his own he will only eat a worm or two if I take him out of his hide and lay the worm at his feet..first few days he would eat a mouthful of greens now not much..he stays in his hide all day I took him out of his hide yesterday because he wasn't coming out on his own and he stayed out for hours and his head shed..he went back into his hide last night and hasn't emerged yet, lights went on at 6am it is now 210pm..Advice? Temps are 110 at highest point in basking area approx 6 inches from lamp ..87_90 in middle Floor of tank and 77 floor cool side.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Welcome to the site firstly and congrats on your baby :D

Would you be able to post a picture of him and his enclosure?

Your temperatures sound fine, what are you using to measure them?

What uvb bulb are you using?

How long have you had the little dude? They can go through relocation stress when they change environments. and this can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. During this time they typically dont have much of an appetite, but it grows as they get more accustomed to their surroundings.

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Drloomis69":1yrfctlp said:
I'm somewhat computer illiterate lol how do I post a pic here?

If you're connecting using a computer, not a tablet or phone, look up at the top of the screen where there's a menu bar underneath the BeardedDragon.org banner. You'll see "User Image Uploader" between "Visitor Photos" and "Beardie Stuff Store." Click on the User Image Uploader and it will take you to the User Image Upload Manager. From there, click on "New Upload." Once it's uploaded, you can click on "List Images" and then on the image you just uploaded. There are several URLs you can use and cut and paste right into the body of a post. You should be able to take it from there... it's pretty user friendly. :)

Drloomis69

Original Poster
To measure temps im using a temp gun and thermometer with a probe at the end He was in his hide on the hot side from last night at 930pm til 730 pm this evening . I took him out to let him get some light and he ate a hornworm a superworm and 2 mouthfuls of greens. Hes been basking since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom