Beardie’s eye might be infected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noogai16

My bearded dragon has been having trouble with mites and I’ve been looking for a solution to get rid of them all, but recently his eye has been starting too look sort of swollen most likely due to the mites. Could someone perhaps take a look and tell me what a good course of action to take to treat his eye?

Noogai16

Original Poster
The one on the top is the eye I believe to be infected while the bottom one is his other eye that appears to still be healthy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, the eye looks fine. If it's irritated a bit from the mites, you can get some sterile saline
solution to wash out the eye daily while you are getting the mites under control.

Tracie

Noogai16

Original Poster
Hi all,

He’s been doing pretty good, I bought the Betadine today and I’m ready to clear his entire tank. Thank you all for the great advice and I’ll keep you all updated!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going?
I hope you get your tank cleaned out well.
Is his eye looking any better? Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Noogai16

Original Poster
Hey everyone

My beardie has been doing extremely well now, I was able to give him a Betadine bath and completely clean his tank. Now I’m just waiting to see if the mites come back but just in case I’m gonna repeat the process each week to make sure they are all gone. His eye is slowly recovering and I’m planning on taking him to the vet for good measure. Thank you all again! I’ll make sure to post updates if the mites come back or there is complications with his eye.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear your dragon is doing well now! So you have gotten rid of the mites in
his tank thus far? I know that is a pain cleaning & all because mites just wont go away. I'm
happy to hear his eye is healing up also.
Definitely let us know of his progress. It sounds like he will be just fine.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom