Meet Link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here’s an update!

We got his 75 gallon tank set up. I’m not sure about the lights. Should I get a second uvb light? I also wonder how close I should have him to the heat lamp? I can’t get a good temp on the perch he’s on.

106536-3291480174.jpg

106536-327844522.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Everything looks good and looks like Link is eating well. :) Is he O.K with the big new tank ? BTW, I see the heat lamp is down slightly in the tank, just wondered if it's open at the top where he can crawl up that perch [ stick ] and scamper out of the tank ? And yes you could use another uvb but it's probably not necessary unless he spends a lot of time away from it as he gets bigger.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1onync2y said:
Everything looks good and looks like Link is eating well. :) Is he O.K with the big new tank ? BTW, I see the heat lamp is down slightly in the tank, just wondered if it's open at the top where he can crawl up that perch [ stick ] and scamper out of the tank ? And yes you could use another uvb but it's probably not necessary unless he spends a lot of time away from it as he gets bigger.

Hello!
He loves the new tank! The top is open but the uvb light is actually blocking him if he were to get to the tip of the branch. The branch actually doesn’t reach the very top of the tank. My husband just bought a new basking lamp because the current one is not hot enough. He bought the power sun 160 watt self ballasted mercury vapor uvb heat lamp.

106536-8111467673.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Link found his favorite branch but mom + dad will have to get him a new one soon, he's growing so fast. :) The Powersun 160 is a very hot bulb so be sure it's not too close !

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":7mjm3sve said:
Link found his favorite branch but mom + dad will have to get him a new one soon, he's growing so fast. :) The Powersun 160 is a very hot bulb so be sure it's not too close !

Yes he’s already gained about 6 grams since he was last weighed a couple days ago! Such a difference when the beardie is healthy! I’m definitely monitoring the temps and making sure he can’t touch the lamp, don’t want a burned beardie. This morning I did notice a high pitched noise coming from the lamp when it was on for about 2 hours. Is this normal? The noise stopped when I turned off the lamp so I know that’s where it’s coming from. The noise isn’t always present.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello guys!

I have an update on link! I received my shipment of BSFL In the mail and he loves them. So far he’s eating BSFL 2-3x a day, maybe 10-20 each time. He was eating greens in the beginning but now he’s not into them. I noticed that today he’s pooped 3 times today. All healthy looking poops with urate. The last poo was mostly urate and no poop? Is this normal? Could this be the BSFL causing him to poop so much?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Could be-- you want him eating those greens so I would get a glass bowl feed him his salad first thing in the morning w/ some of the bsfl and add some superworms 1-3 to that bowl the movement will bring him to it let him see you add those to the bowl - also I would get another staple feeder like dubias as well -
Karrie

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2l5s3fzt said:
Could be-- you want him eating those greens so I would get a glass bowl feed him his salad first thing in the morning w/ some of the bsfl and add some superworms 1-3 to that bowl the movement will bring him to it let him see you add those to the bowl - also I would get another staple feeder like dubias as well -
Karrie

Thanks!
I’ll be getting some dandelion tomorrow for him to try, maybe he got bored of the collards and turnips. He’s also going through a full body shed, so that might also be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom