A bit of a lump

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB

I'm new on this forum so hopefully you can help. Our Beardie (Woody) has a little lump on his chin and also I wondered whether his eyes were looking OK. Could anyone help?

Woody is 4 months old and is getting lots of crickets, dusted with calcium & vitamins once a day plus chopped up kale and some apple. And he lives in a nice big vivarium (150cm long) with a basking light, ceramic heater (and temp controller) plus 2 strip lights, one 2% and one 10%.

He's shedding, eating and pooping as normal. He's pretty agile and will run around so movement seems to be fine too. The lump came from nowhere, but hasn't grown since. It doesn't seem to bother but he can be sen rubbing his chin against his logs, but I'm not sure whether this is normal anyway and he doesn't do it a lot.

107076-1939319694.jpg
107076-3110828148.jpg
107076-4769782624.jpg
107076-639482174.jpg
107076-6145464345.jpg

I’m not sure what the lump is, I’m also fairly new to the bearded dragon world. His eyes are definitely droopy which could be because somethings in there or I’ve heard it’s from kidney problems. It also could be from dehydration so I would try giving him some baths in warm water, don’t use
soap just reptile-safe. My bearded dragon is also dehydrated so I spray him with a little bit of water occasionally and also spray his bugs with water. I’m not an expert though so I would keep looking into it if those don’t work.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's hard to say what the lump is caused by without further investigation. A vet visit to check it out might be a good idea. Keep a close eye on it and monitor for changes in size or shape. A vet could take a sample to see what's inside and possibly determine the cause. His eyes are a bit droopy and while this can sometimes indicate a problem with system functions (a blood test could help identify certain issues) it is also sometimes just a genetic feature and not harmful or indicative of a problem. The fact that he is energetic and eating well is all a good sign for now but I would probably have an experienced vet give him a checkup to get ahead of any possible issues.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it's a little hard to know for sure what the bump could be. Does he rub his nose/snout
on his tank excessively?
You could get him to the vet to get that checked out if you can. Has it changed in size at all?
Does it seem to bother him at all?
This could be a cyst if it's hard, which is caused by trauma or injury sometimes, or an abscess
but it doesn't really look much like an abscess right now.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom