Soon to be owner of a beardie! Hello from ohio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im in the process of building an enclosure and some other parts like lighting and heat pads (for dubias) are on the way!

next month, I plan on having a home set up and ready before buying my first beardie at my cities reptile expo. I'm not sure what morph ill be getting, and as much as i enjoy the yellows and reds, I'm leaning towards a completely normal beardie with some nice contrast.

Once i have it all set up, Ill probably be posting a few pictures with descriptions to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. This site has been a huge help in my research!

beckys19

We went to the Cin City Reptile Expo last Sunday... if that's the one you're going to (and probably a good idea in general) get there at opening... we got there about an hour after opening and it filled up fast, by the time we left at noon we could barely move around, there were so many people. Plus that way you can grab a halfway decent parking space. I know you could probably get better deals later in the day and they had plenty of regular beardies for $40 to $60, but if you plan to grab live food there, that seemed to be going pretty quick.

matrixkid29

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips! I actually attended for the first time same day you did, just later in the after noon. It was my first reptile expo and I was very excited to be there! I just used it to ask questions and get different opinions on things.

As for feeders, I found a cincinnati resident giving some away for free right here on this site!

If you see a guy walking out with a beardie next month, its probably me! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom