Lumps on my Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amoonlitmaiden

My beardie is 11. A few months ago I found a lump on her chest. Vet said to just keep an eye on it. Lately my beardie has been lethargic. I just had a baby so I dont get to handle my beardie as much as I used to. Today I went to pick her up and noticed her lump has gotten bigger... MUCH bigger I am taking her back to the vet next week, but I wanted to see what you guys think it is. I am really hoping it is not cancer. I am worried :( I dont want it to be serious!
107038-9643451110.jpg
107038-8861451712.jpg

LimKH

Amoonlitmaiden":32f6r2oq said:
107038-9643451110.jpg
My beardie is 11. A few months ago I found a lump on her chest. Vet said to just keep an eye on it. Lately my beardie has been lethargic. I just had a baby so I dont get to handle my beardie as much as I used to. Today I went to pick her up and noticed her lump has gotten bigger... MUCH bigger I am taking her back to the vet next week, but I wanted to see what you guys think it is. I am really hoping it is not cancer. I am worried :( I dont want it to be serious!
107038-9643451110.jpg
107038-8861451712.jpg
Amoonlitmaiden":32f6r2oq said:
107038-9643451110.jpg
107038-9643451110.jpg
107038-8861451712.jpg
OMG!!! WHAT HAPPENED?? It looks serious. I think you should take it to the vet ASAP. Wait for people's respond.

Amoonlitmaiden

Original Poster
OMG!!! WHAT HAPPENED?? It looks serious. I think you should take it to the vet ASAP. Wait for people's respond.[/quote]

I did just call the vet and they were able to get me in today. A relief! I really hope it's nothing too bad and something they can cure. I work with animals and never seen this :'(

LimKH

Amoonlitmaiden":uqtolr8v said:
OMG!!! WHAT HAPPENED?? It looks serious. I think you should take it to the vet ASAP. Wait for people's respond.

I did just call the vet and they were able to get me in today. A relief! I really hope it's nothing too bad and something they can cure. I work with animals and never seen this :'([/quote]

Hope that your bearded dragon gets well soon :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, I'm not sure what that could be, hopefully not a tumor.
Could she have been bitten by a brown recluse spider or a cricket possibly?
I don't think it looks like a burn either. Let us know how the vet visit goes.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Look like puncture wounds to me .

Things that come to mind to me are
>> cat claw or fangs and infected .
>> dog bite and infected .
>> spider bite /s infected / necrotizing ??
>> snake bite and infected / necrotizing ??

Definitely need blood work and swabs and small needle aspirations to work out what's going on.

I'd be preparing yourself for a long expensive treatment , perhaps involving surgery under a general to drain and debride all infected tissues and that might be the best you might expect .
Hopefully there is no tumour , but there is definitely some kind of abscess there.

I'd not be putting taking her the vet and I hope you have a competent / experienced / knowledgeable REPTILE vet who can cure this .

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
kingofnobbys":vqbxal5h said:

Definitely need blood work and swabs and small needle aspirations to work out what's going on.

I'd be preparing yourself for a long expensive treatment , perhaps involving surgery under a general to drain and debride all infected tissues and that might be the best you might expect .
Hopefully there is no tumour , but there is definitely some kind of abscess there.

I'd not be putting taking her the vet and I hope you have a competent / experienced / knowledgeable REPTILE vet who can cure this .
It does certainly look like that, this is very serious. I'd definitely get her to a certified experienced Reptile vet ASAP and do blood work like Nobbys said, To me though it looks like some sort of growth or tumor, which I really hope it isn't. :(

I did some research, Apparently Tumors on reptile stomachs are very rare, typically they appear on the head, Back, limbs, or tail. I'm still not ruling that out as a possibility. But it looks too small to be a tumor however. Do you have any other pets in the house aside from her that might have had access to her? Did you feel the lumps? are they hard or are they soft and crackly?

Please keep us up to date on how she's doing as this is very urgent.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
HippieLizards":1xnnyq82 said:
kingofnobbys":1xnnyq82 said:

It does certainly look like that, this is very serious. I'd definitely get her to a certified experienced Reptile vet ASAP and do blood work like Nobbys said, To me though it looks like some sort of growth or tumor, which I really hope it isn't. :(

I did some research, Apparently Tumors on reptile stomachs are very rare, typically they appear on the head, Back, limbs, or tail. I'm still not ruling that out as a possibility. But it looks too small to be a tumor however. Do you have any other pets in the house aside from her that might have had access to her? Did you feel the lumps? are they hard or are they soft and crackly?

Please keep us up to date on how she's doing as this is very urgent.

Yep , that was I found when referred to my reference books on reptile deseases .

There is definitely a very strong possibllity this now a systemic infection ( ie she has blood poisoning as a result ) and if not I'd be surprised. She's critically ill IMO so don't delay the vet visit and make sure the vet is experienced and knowledgeable about reptile health .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
We'll find out when the O.P posts back with the findings from the vet. Until then just be patient , no one knows what this is from. Hopefully something that can be dealt with.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any updates for us yet? We are all anxiously awaiting what could be going
on with your girl.

Tracie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

How is she doing today? Has she been alright? Has anything gotten worse or better? And have you found a Vet yet? This site can help you find a reptile vet near you: http://www.anapsid.org/vets/

I hope she's doing well. We're all cheering for her!

-HippieLizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom