Meet Link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Hello!

I decided to jump back on the band wagon after losing my last baby. This time my husband and I went to a local reptile store instead of the local petsmart. I also decided to get one bigger and stronger looking as well. As soon as I got him set up, Link ate some greens from my hand and snacked on some mealworms. He even pooped. :)

106536-6247843020.jpg

106536-5825574309.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey, that's great, Link looks good + healthy ! I can see that he's a bigger one as well and looks like has a good appetite. :) Hopefully he'll have a long + happy life with you. Be sure to get some crickets, dubia + bsfl. The mealworms should only be offered a few at a time.

Is that the same bin that Pathfinder was in ? BTW, maybe a mod. can move this to the introduction forum. :)

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1qkl9q31 said:
Hey, that's great, Link looks good + healthy ! I can see that he's a bigger one as well and looks like has a good appetite. :) Hopefully he'll have a long + happy life with you. Be sure to get some crickets, dubia + bsfl. The mealworms should only be offered a few at a time.

Is that the same bin that Pathfinder was in ? BTW, maybe a mod. can move this to the introduction forum. :)

Hello!

Yes! He seems a lot more alert too. I currently have him in the same bin while I wait for Amazon to ship me a reptile carpet for the 75 gallon. I’m getting some crickets tomorrow and I have 4 dozen super worms that the store suggested.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K., how big is Link and how big are the superworms ? Crickets would be much better, easier to gut load [ that means feed the crix a healthy diet before they are eaten so their gut is full of good veggies] Superworms are not quite as nutritious and you have to be careful of impaction or over eating + then Link vomiting.

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2zghc4qw said:
O.K., how big is Link and how big are the superworms ? Crickets would be much better, easier to gut load [ that means feed the crix a healthy diet before they are eaten so their gut is full of good veggies] Superworms are not quite as nutritious and you have to be careful of impaction or over eating + then Link vomiting.

He’s about 10 inch long and 51 grams. I guess I’ll give them occasionally as a treat. I can get Calci worms along with crickets at my local store.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Woohoo! Yay i'm happy for you!

Link looks like a nice plump boy!
Were you looking to get another dragon or did you happen to just go in and fall for him? :)

Anyways, glad to have you back. Looking forward to watching link grow up :)

-Brandon

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1v1mkr62 said:
Woohoo! Yay i'm happy for you!

Link looks like a nice plump boy!
Were you looking to get another dragon or did you happen to just go in and fall for him? :)

Anyways, glad to have you back. Looking forward to watching link grow up :)

-Brandon

I just went in the store to take a look. I was missing the beardie cuddles. The owner had just received a shipment and he was putting them on display. He was the first one to go for his meal, so he won me over!

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I’ve had Link since Tuesday, he’s a bit skiddish, but that’s understandable. So far he’s eating every day, collard greens from my hand, worms and crickets. He’s had a bath and had been pooping every day. He’s currently shedding and as of now weighs 60 grams. We are all very excited!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's all so good to hear ! He has a dominant personality, spunky and great appetite. He will be a lot of fun and you will soon experience the joys of being eaten out of house + home, cleaning pooey messes that have been turned in to dragon artwork throughout the tank and glass surfing demands that you are not always able to decipher. :)

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":392b3x9a said:
That's all so good to hear ! He has a dominant personality, spunky and great appetite. He will be a lot of fun and you will soon experience the joys of being eaten out of house + home, cleaning pooey messes that have been turned in to dragon artwork throughout the tank and glass surfing demands that you are not always able to decipher. :)

Well he’ll fit right in with my kids! :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like he is doing great with you! :D

We need more pictures... :mrgreen:

-Brandon

PathfinderMom91

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":25p6wurl said:
Sounds like he is doing great with you! :D

We need more pictures... :mrgreen:

-Brandon

106536-6178136975.jpg

Here he is on my husband’s hand. He’s got quite a big hand so it’s cool to see how big Link is too. I wish I could post videos, I got a few of him eating. It’s so satisfying to see him devour his food!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom