Fiona - Rescue 9 months later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!
This is to anyone who helped me in March when I initially rescued Fiona, and to anyone who might be interested in a little rescue story. Long story short I saw this little lady on Craigslist and saw she was being severely neglected. After picking her up we immediately went to the vet. They had very low hopes for her. MBD, possible respiratory infection, calcium deficient, dehydrated, and severely underweight. We were told she was 5 months old by previous owners. The vet had extremely low hopes for her, but after giving her some fluids and vitamins they sent us home with liquid calcium to be given orally daily and antibiotics to be injected every 3 days for the next month. Well, 9 months later and things could not have turned out any better for her! She’s grown more than I could have ever anticipated and she’s absolutely beautiful. I know a lot of rescues don’t make it, but I am grateful to say Fiona was one of the lucky ones.
102367-5026746383.jpg
102367-7898786370.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You did a great job w/ her ---- :D -- I am so glad she made it ---most of them dont --- heres hoping she lives a long life now --- how is the MBD ? any better she getting around ok?
Karrie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
There is no way that that is the same dragon. Holy cow!!! That's incredible! She looks so good now. I'm so happy for you. That's really inspiring. :D

View media item 61070 This Is my latest rescue dude who's sorta special needs, He also was a bit neglected and pretty underweight when we got him, And he had MBD when he was little and some other things that caused his bones to form funny. He's done so much better since I've got him, but dang. If your dragon can go from that to that, then that gives me great faith that I can do the same with Mulder. :)

What was everything you did to get her to that? Was it just the liquid calcium?

maiba

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3k8crak9 said:
You did a great job w/ her ---- :D -- I am so glad she made it ---most of them dont --- heres hoping she lives a long life now --- how is the MBD ? any better she getting around ok?
Karrie

She gets around amazing! The mbd doesn’t seem like it’s had much of an affect on her legs, jaw, or back, she just has an extra squiggly tail now :)

maiba

Original Poster
HippieLizards the vet sent me home with liquid calcium to give her orally everyday for a month. She also sent me home with a multivitamin that I had to give her an injection of every 3 days for a little over a month. I started her on Phoenix worms and butter warms to begin with to try and help her gain some weight and give her an extra calcium boost. Then I started feeding her dubia roaches after that and switched to crickets after the first 2 months when she was completely mobile. It’s all about having proper husbandry, a good diet, keeping them hydrated, and overall just being caring and nurturing. Your little guy is so handsome tho, it looks like he’s doing great under your care :)

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
WOW! That is an amazing recovery! Kudos to you and bless little Fiona!
You warmed my heart, both of you. ? Big Hugs!
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
maiba":2estzpxt said:
Hello everyone!
This is to anyone who helped me in March when I initially rescued Fiona, and to anyone who might be interested in a little rescue story. Long story short I saw this little lady on Craigslist and saw she was being severely neglected. After picking her up we immediately went to the vet. They had very low hopes for her. MBD, possible respiratory infection, calcium deficient, dehydrated, and severely underweight. We were told she was 5 months old by previous owners. The vet had extremely low hopes for her, but after giving her some fluids and vitamins they sent us home with liquid calcium to be given orally daily and antibiotics to be injected every 3 days for the next month. Well, 9 months later and things could not have turned out any better for her! She’s grown more than I could have ever anticipated and she’s absolutely beautiful. I know a lot of rescues don’t make it, but I am grateful to say Fiona was one of the lucky ones.
102367-5026746383.jpg
102367-7898786370.jpg

It's been a couple months since you updated her amazing recovery. How's she doing now? All good? Such a pretty girl!
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom