Sexing my baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m having a hard time figuring out the gender of my baby bearded dragon. We’ve been calling her a female because that’s what the pet store said. I was told not to trust everything the pet store says so I’m still curious. I’ll include the best photos I could take from the angle she was at. Also a photo of her face if that helps at all.
106895-9333295715.jpg
106895-9795071310.jpg
106895-9896076913.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Babies are hard to tell what sex --- if you can post a pic of the rear end w/ tail up in the air we might be able to tell -
Karrie

LimKH

Katherinegrace5227":14o0brwo said:
I’m having a hard time figuring out the gender of my baby bearded dragon. We’ve been calling her a female because that’s what the pet store said. I was told not to trust everything the pet store says so I’m still curious. I’ll include the best photos I could take from the angle she was at. Also a photo of her face if that helps at all.
106895-9333295715.jpg
106895-9795071310.jpg
106895-9896076913.jpg

Babies are hard to tell. Firstly, how old is your bearded dragon(count the ones even before you got your beardie)? You can either wait for it to be like 6 months old or you can try to use the flashlight method. It might not work if your bearded dragon is still a few weeks old(I'm not sure, I'm not an expert but I'm using the knowledge I have). You can put your beardie on a flat surface, use a flashlight and shine it through the tail on the beardie(shine it from the top). If it would be a male the hemipenal bulges would be like a "U" Shape. If its a female, the hemipenal bulge would be more like a square. If I'm late, sorry for keeping you waiting on the answer.

Katherinegrace5227

Original Poster
She’s about 3 months old. I looked yesterday and it looked as if she had 3 bumps. I then tried the flashlight method but didn’t really understand what I was looking at.

LimKH

Katherinegrace5227":3er8pnwe said:
She’s about 3 months old. I looked yesterday and it looked as if she had 3 bumps. I then tried the flashlight method but didn’t really understand what I was looking at.

Can you describe what there were? Like were there shadows or something. Or can you take a picture of the flashlight method? If you can, great :D

Katherinegrace5227

Original Poster
I checked again and it looked like a square shape. I’m thinking she’s a female. Of course this could change since she’s only about 3 months old. We’ll see :)

LimKH

Katherinegrace5227":2jwc40lc said:
I checked again and it looked like a square shape. I’m thinking she’s a female. Of course this could change since she’s only about 3 months old. We’ll see :)
Ok!:D sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom