Baby beardie harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimKH

How do you use a shoelace as a harness? I've came across people saying that they use shoelaces. I don't know how do they make it or they just use it on their baby bearded dragon.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I'm not sure, but that doesn't sound like a good idea. Babies are pretty energetic and could easily get tangled up or even possibly strangled. If you're wanting to train your beardie to walk with a leash, I'd wait a while personally.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes me too I would wait till he is older ----------- go to this website and look for a harness --- they also sell nice fleece blankets w/ their names on them --- www.pamperedbeardies.com
Karrie

LimKH

Original Poster
KarrieRee":jh6ipbp0 said:
Yes me too I would wait till he is older ----------- go to this website and look for a harness --- they also sell nice fleece blankets w/ their names on them --- http://www.pamperedbeardies.com
Karrie
Sadly it's within the US though ?. I'm from Malaysia and even if it ships over, it would still be really expensive as we have to convert to USD$. Thx for the website though?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
With the little guys, it's probably best to keep them in their enclosure or hold them by hand and closely supervise. As they get older, they tend to calm down a bit and are big enough for a leash/harness. The one I made has a long parachute cord that clips to a fabric bottom piece with metal holes at each end. The fabric just goes around the waist above the legs and the leash clips to it along the back. I fit it so that it's tight enough to not easily slip over the legs but not so tight that it constricts the waist. You don't want it to apply pressure, just provide something for the leash to attach to. I don't find that I really need to use it much though. My adult dragon tends to stick pretty close to me so I just let him be outside without it most of the time.

LimKH

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1ce7rt41 said:
How big in grams is the dragon ?

30 grams. I am so very sorry for not replying for soooo long. (๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) ᔆᵒʳʳᵞ

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I checked Sarah's website, it does say they ship all over the world.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Oh, now that I did not know. Oof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom