This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Good afternoon!
Any other Beardies taking long naps? After Petey's 3 day nap he's been fine till a couple days ago and decided to take a 24 HR nap. He crawled under his hammock, in the corner, about 4pm and slept until about 4pm the next day. Wasn't concerned after the 3 day nap he took a few weeks ago. Maybe his style of brumation is just long naps. Lol! I'm all for that!

Had to get pics of him gaping, it is so cute! Looks like he's in training with his voice coach.
106785-882339348.jpg

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Those are some good gaping pics. I hope for your sake he does the intermittent naps method for a brumate type thing. I just came out the other side of a pretty solid brumation with my girl, she would wake up but only to change sleep positions because sleeping is such hard work, lol

Pete'ys place is really coming along. Did you ever find any tile like you were thinking?

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":16qdbdwy said:
Those are some good gaping pics. I hope for your sake he does the intermittent naps method for a brumate type thing. I just came out the other side of a pretty solid brumation with my girl, she would wake up but only to change sleep positions because sleeping is such hard work, lol

Pete'ys place is really coming along. Did you ever find any tile like you were thinking?

I'm trying to get back on my feet from back injury 12/16, haven't done any shopping. For now, I am quite satisfied with the newspaper, so easy to clean. Plus he has become pretty predictable. He eats and poos 10 mins later, pull out paper and replace, rinse and repeat. Very convenient. Tiles would look nicer but I'll use paper anyway, too easy. Right now, easy is important, movement is difficult. ?
Petey is back down for nap, hasn't moved since late yesterday afternoon. When he had half his body under the paper, I put his blanket over him. He has moved just enough for his face to be seen but still asleep. We'll see if he comes round later. I was concerned the first time and got over it with help on this site and found out it was normal. I keep his lights on timer and just let him do his thing. ? LOL

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I got greeted by a half open stink eye this morning. ? That's ok, keeps him from looking ...... You know. I know he's fine but I still get anxious.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":3syzw6m2 said:

I think I would have to slightly arouse just to be sure, like every couple days. ?

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Petey's up and decided he wants some numnums. Made a small salad and gave a couple supers. Dunno if he'll go back to sleep or not, I'll be gone all afternoon, and most of the evening. Guess I'll know later. ?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Dee,

How is Petey doing today? They sure are odd creatures at times huh? LOL.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2diq90r4 said:
Hi Dee,

How is Petey doing today? They sure are odd creatures at times huh? LOL.

-Brandon

He's up and awake, eyeballing his salad to make sure it's to his liking. ?
I find some of the ways they lay or relax very odd. How CAN that be comfortable?! Lol
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lunch Petey?
No, it's not moving! LOL!

He'll munch later. He always does.

Today's menu is as follows:
Mixed collard and mustard greens
Summer squash, small dice
Sweet potato, shreds
Snap beans, thin sliced.

I don't know why I want it to look nice. ? I doubt he cares that his snap beans are thin sliced on diagonal, but it looks better. LOL!

He's spoiled for sure!

-Dee
106785-5722834407.jpg

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
106785-8122338582.jpg

Hi! Come here often?
106785-4674519692.jpg

Can I buy you a drink?

106785-815755232.jpg

Oooh! Maybe I had too many!

Love it! He looks like he's at the local pub!

-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom