Bathwater Too Hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
How can I tell if the bathwater for my beardie is too hot? I gave him a bath today and he splashed around and swam as normal. He didn't cough, blackbeard, puff or anything like that, but I did have the temp of the bathwater slightly higher than normal. Is there anything I can do to tell if he's harmed?

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":2a95aykr said:
Sounds like it was just right with all that frolicking, lol

I should clarify, I let the water cool down a bit. At first it was slightly hotter, but even then no blackbeard or coughing, just swimming around a little less. He got a bit more animated once it cooled down but again, he never got black beard, coughed or acted hurt, but I want to be sure.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Check with a thermometer. Then you can gauge his behaviors and find what temperature he seems most happy when he does get a bath or swim

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
On those rare occasions my dragons need a bath , I set up the water temperature using my non-contact thermometer to read a surface temperature 32-34 degC.

I use portable bathing tubs for the little lizards and a baby bath for the bigger lizards and the bathing happens on the lounge , the coffee table or on the lounge room carpet with a towel under the bath to take splashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom