Yellow fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my beardie for about 6 months got him as a newborn, he just shed his beard and he has a couple scales that are a faint yellow, it comes and goes, but he acts completely normal eats about 40-50 crickets a day and eats some greens we are still working on that, but could it still be yellow fungus ???

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the color comes and goes it's most definitely not yellow fungus. Especially of it's only a few random scales here and there.

You can post a pic if you want to double verify it :)

-Brandon

Ryankirsch

Original Poster
Okay thanks you I was worried, I just switched his substrate tonight from a mat, to sand, his cage was starting to stink from when he poops and I clean it out it seeps into the carpet and the rug starts to smell, he’s old enough to know not to eat the sand by now right ? lol I know they say not to do it with babies but many people have told me by now is a good time to switch him to sand

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of his beard you could post? A lot of times, they do get pigmentation
changes on various areas of their body.
Sand usually isn't a recommended but if you wanted to use sand, we recommend using the
washed & sifted playsand instead of the pet store calcium based type of sands.
They naturally like to lick or taste their surroundings but some have more of a tendency to
ingest things they shouldn't.

Tracie

Hi
I’ve read all the posts about poor Yoshi and I’m in a similar situation, I fear my beardie has yellow fungus, I’ve done all the things listed, Betadine, hebiclens, antifungal cream, baby food but it’s carrot/parsnip/apple I’m adding acidophilus sachets a pinch to it, and I have soy yoghurt. I don’t have anything form a vet yet as I’ve been both vets who don’t have a reptile person anymore because she has become manager and won’t help me?, I asked if I can just have the meds and self monitor but no not interested, but still looking for another vet whilst I do everything on here to keep it in check. The first day I saw it was Wednesday a few spots and blisters on the tail so I salt bathed her and that improved her greatly, her appetite has been off recently which I thought was brumation but now I suspect illness. I recently changed ground substrate which I suspect may be the cause, the only change, I clean all poop out immediately so she’s never dirty. Apart from stressing about her not having an antibiotic or antifungal from a vet, am I doing ok ????. I can’t sleep or settle in case she’s in any discomfort ?. Her set up is proper 75w ceramic heat lamp and Reptiglo 10% uv, basking 98 deg, all things have now been removed and paper towel to stop any further contamination, I am syringe feeding as she has always been a lazy eater and likes to be hand fed( which is prob my fault because she was neglected prior). Any help advice or opinions would be very gratefully received thank you ?. Clare (weird snake lady is what the old vet calls me )

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Claire [ weirdsnake lady ] if you start your own thread it would be good so your dragon's history + problem won't get mixed up with this one.

So sorry I posted on someone else’s thread as you can tell I’m not very techno so please excuse my ignorance, I’m getting there but slowly ?I will try and remove this one thank you for the tip ?x

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is quite alright, no worries. I see that you did start your thread regarding Yellow Fungus. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom