Can bearded dragons take pills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klem

my beardie has gout and i wanted to give her something that lowered her uric acid levels. so i break the pills up and cover them in cherry juice but she just pits the pills out! she's only eaten 2 i guess she doesnt like the taste? so i searched it up but nothing on the subject people only give them liquid medicine :silent:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

What exactly are you giving your dragon?

Has your vet ran blood tests to determine the UA levels? What were they?
And if so, did they not recommend a prescription for lowering UA levels? There is a med that we use for dragons for doing that, so I'm curious as to what you are using.

-Brandon

Klem

Original Poster
i dont really have the funds for a vet visit but i was able to tell what she had through a lot of research she's been having cherry juice with her food for about a month and the swelling in her fron legs have started to go down but a week ago i decided to get her these vegetarian supplements called "Uric Acid Support"

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Couuld you post a link to the pills so we can see their ingredients?

The dark cherry extract tends to help quite well, but if it's really bad, she will most likely need additional support.

Could you post a picture of her for us? So we can see the swelling?
You can upload to the site here:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

What does her daily diet look like? Diet plays a huge role in UA levels.
Keeping her well hydrated also will help her flush excess UA from the body.

-Brandon

Klem

Original Poster
She just finished off a jar of this https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/18304/full and now she's eating this
full
and these are her legs she still moves really well and runs around she just doesnt want me to touch them
full
full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom