Getting ready for our new beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckys19

Got it's new home almost ready- escape-proof bug bowl should arrive today, still need to pick up a hygrometer and a hammock, and was thinking of a water dish since it was recommended in The Bearded Dragon Manual.

UV Lighting is Sunblaster with t5 10.0 Reptisun, aluminum foil reflector added. Basking temps on the "2nd floor" are from around 92 to 110F, the hottest spot there is 11" away from uv, I am thinking of adding a rock or something to get a little extra height. The driftwood is closer, the flattish area at top gets 110-120, although the temperature gun said up to 150 at the very top of the driftwood! I am guessing the dragon will know enough not to fry itself....temps on cool side are 77F+

106678-6985856136.jpg
106678-9523795424.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looks great! I'd definitely add a water dish at first and flick at the water to create motion. That may help train them to drink from it when they want to. Not all dragons take to it though. Just worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom