Not open for further replies.

Lei23lani

106915-7740367213.jpg
106915-254531578.jpg
106915-1369014015.jpg
106915-4208912468.jpg
106915-104881144.jpg
106915-4433963541.jpg
My bearded dragon has been in a clean cage, with uvb and uva lights. Gets multi vitamins and calcium. I am changing the uvb light to a safer brand, since I was using the wrong kind. But he has this thick skin that is in clumps around his neck, and what looks like a blister on his eye and mouth. What do I do. I have pictures of this too if needed. Also recently he has had these poops that look like a bubble. Not all the time, but at least 3 times.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Pictures would definitely help if you don't mind posting them for us.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Absolutely, we need pictures to help!
How far from the heat lamp is he?

Tracie

Lei23lani

Original Poster
106915-36923644.jpg
I already posted these pictures, and I would like to know how to treat these areas. Do I lance blisters? What can I put on skin to heal? Uvb light might have caused this ( compact fluorescent bulb from pet store). Please help
106915-254531578.jpg
106915-1369014015.jpg
106915-4208912468.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No do not lance the blisters----------- did you get rid of the coil???? I believe that is what is causing the eye issue and how far is the basking light from his spot ???? Are you using heat mats for the burns to be on the bottom as well ? Please post a pic of your tank and lighting --- you will need to use the user image uploader again please ---- Tracie our vet moderator had responded to your other post from before and shes usually on at nite but you need to get this cleared up so please check back frequently I am concerned about your little guy
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Poor fella! Are those burns? It looks like there is some serious fungal issues going on. But I noticed Karrie mentioning burns.

Is there eye issues at hand too?

Could we get a picture of your tank setup please?

You definitely don't want to lance anything. I would definitely look into making a vet appointment if you can.
If it's fungal and not from burns, you can start using lamisil cream on him to help.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor beardie, I'm so sorry he's in this condition. Nothing there is caused by any bulb, your poor dragon has serious , advanced fungal infection. He/she needs a very experienced reptile vet only, otherwise they will not help your dragon at all. Lamisil cream can help a bit but there's a possibility that this may be fatal. The oral meds. for this are either itraconazole or voraconazole , they are antifungals so if a vet prescribes you antibotics they are inexperienced and giving you the wrong type of meds. Best wishes , hope for the best but be prepared for a possible bad outcome. It's nothing that you did, he probably was exposed to this at the store. Can you check back at the store and see how the other beardies are doing ? This starts out small but then spreads to what you see now.

Lei23lani

Original Poster
I have had my bearded baby since July. He didn’t have any problems with his skin till after I bought dual coil uvb and uva lamp. This was in October. I didn’t know till now that coil uvb was bad. Otherwise he is somewhat active. He eats and drinks, and swims in bath.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Some dragons harbor it in their system and it develops later in life, it has nothing to do with the light. It's good that he's eating + everything though, he's a trooper ! Baths will spread it so best to cut those out unless he's dirty. When you bathe him, get some chlorhexidine or betadine from drug store to mix with the water to make it the color of iced tea. That can help kill the fungus but it won't cure it. Make sure his temps. are good , 100-105 basing side + about 82 on the cool side.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks pretty bad. Possibly a fungal infection. I advise visiting a vet to have a skin sample tested to find out what's causing this. Then it can be treated appropriately. You may want to try applying a topical antifungal cream like Lamisil on the affected areas (not in the eye) and see if that helps reduce the inflammation a bit until you can get to a vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, that is absolutely a fungal infection & he is in dire need of veterinary care.
They can take a skin scraping/graph to send in for culturing, but I highly recommend being
proactive & starting him on an oral probiotic as well as a cream to put on his affected areas.
The most commonly used one is lamisil or monistat.
I would avoid baths too as suggested, since water has a tendency to spread fungus around
some.
I am glad that he has an appetite & is active right now.

Are you able to find a vet to take him to?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Lei23lani

Original Poster
Yes I have him scheduled for a fungal culture. I also have Lamasil on him now. Also I am still waiting for shipment of uvb light. He’s only had basking light. Lamp setup doesn’t come till next week. What should I do. I still have coil light, but I am not using it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Oh good I am so glad you came back to update us all ---- did you get a good reptile vet? I sent you a link for a vet
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom