My Beardie Devoured a Aloe Plant Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whole thing(7 stems,each about 4 inches).

2 Minutes.

She ate The whole Aloe vera Plant(Which i had just bought).

And I Learned aloe vera Probably isnt good,but wont kill them.

How do I Know?

This was a year ago.

Fat Lizard eats anything.

Has any of yalls eaten odd things,and survived?maybe not Lived?

Gemmarii

Not so far, but mine refuses to eat blueberries. Got blueberries once, got curious and looked it up to see if it was okay as a treat, it is, so I took some small ones because she's little and cut them in half, then put the halves in her dish with some kale. I also took one half and hand fed her with it, like I always do when she gets new fruit and veggies. She didn't want to try it, kept leaning away, eventually opened her mouth to hiss at me and I popped it in. She chewed it, making weird and disgusted faces the whole time and gave me a nasty look when she swallowed. When I got home from work, all of her kale was gone and all the remaining blueberry halves were left untouched and dried out in the dish.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn tried to eat a wild bumblebee once. I'm so grateful she missed!

I've learned to vacuum the floors very well every day (got a robo vac) because I am pretty sure she ate a Doritos crumb and a piece of lint in one fell swoop.

My girl also will not eat blueberries. She will not try them. Devlyn's 1st owner said Devlyn liked apples. She has never eaten apples for me. The only fruit she has ever eaten (to my observation) are 2 small slices of strawberry. Then she decided to never eat fruit again. Maybe next year she'll try

She likes eating flowers. Took her out to my small herb garden which has random plants in it too, she eat an entire violet plant. I had given her flowers from the garden and she seemed to enjoy the whole plant...not as crazy as a whole aloe plant

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Several of mine , including a 7-8 " baby have eaten a wasp, bee or hornet that ventured in their outdoor cages. The first time I saw it I thought beardie would begin writhing in pain + die but there was no bad reaction at all. It chewed + swallowed it just like a cricket. :)

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
AHBD":51nql9ze said:
Several of mine , including a 7-8 " baby have eaten a wasp, bee or hornet that ventured in their outdoor cages. The first time I saw it I thought beardie would begin writhing in pain + die but there was no bad reaction at all. It chewed + swallowed it just like a cricket. :)

I've had the same experience with mine. Turned my back for an instant and he'd grabbed two honeybees. I only saw one being snagged, but he was already chewing, so I'm pretty sure he'd gotten another right before since there were a few buzzing about. Little bugger seemed proud of himself and was no worse for wear. :roll:

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
My beardie will eat almost anything She is almost 5 months old and I can give her anything and she will eat it and she likes blueberries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom