A bearded dragon from Santa Claus: CandyCane passed away :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the title says, I'm looking into and thoroughly researching bearded dragons to see if one would be a good fit for my family. My son has been telling me for weeks that Santa is probably bringing him a snake or a lizard and I should prepare myself, so that's what I'm doing. I have 8 year old twins, and a bearded dragon would be their one big gift from Santa Claus. They would not be the primary caretakers for obvious reasons, so I'm also researching what level of care they need, etc. I've learned they need quite a bit when they're younger, and I'm also trying to figure out if this is financially feasible for my family as well. I'm posting mainly because I have a question about habitat. I've been looking at different potential terrariums and I found one called the zen habitat. It's 4 feet long by 2 feet wide, so plenty of room. I'm just wondering if any bearded dragon owners on here have any first hand experience with these enclosures? Also, hoping to find a good breeder in Louisiana that will have some fun morphs, hopefully the bright yellow colors. I wouldn't mind having one shipped, but it would be easiest for us to pick up on Christmas Eve from someone local if that's at all possible. I have a veterinarian (for my dog) that also sees bearded dragons so that's in order. Anyway, just saying hello and introducing myself because I'll probably have lots of questions lol. Thanks!

opaquelace

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":19h1oq5y said:
Awesome! I love this thread so much LOL.
It looks great! I can't wait to hear how excited your kids get :)

-Brandon
Without you guys it wouldn’t have been possible! Got the appropriate cage size, lighting advice, etc all here. These are the tiles I ordered. Fun and funny for my kids to enjoy.
FloorPops FP2945 Noleby Peel & Stick Floor Tile, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QFBX6MD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_CcW9DbKBHQXFT

I’ll post pictures of them tomorrow when I’m done with the interior. And again Christmas Eve when they’re all set up!

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Wow! The habs look FABULOUS! And I love the tiles you picked out. Can’t wait to see the big reveal! It’s been so fun being a part of this project. :)

opaquelace

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
79642927_10104244853881070_6377641609785245696_n.jpg

Putting in the cork back tomorrow and they’re all done until Christmas Eve! And I got each of my kids a leash with wings too. They’ll be so happy ?

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Looks great! Of course, it also kinda looks like the inside of those cartoon cells where the prisoner has been making slash marks to count the days of their imprisonment... :lol: Kidding! I love it, and with the cork background, it's going to look awesome. Can't wait to see it fully decorated, too... and with dragons! I love those winged leashes, too... might need to get one for Figment, eventually. :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Don't glue it down-- if you haft to remove it cuz they're eating it
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
That looks awesome!!! Your young'ns are gonna be excited!!!

BTW,where did you find that cork bakground?

opaquelace

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
80388623_10104261552861180_6478711042187722752_o.jpg

80614867_10104261552382140_8645091987944374272_o.jpg

80097739_10104261540046860_25722997222408192_n.jpg

Ahhh finally the time is here. I didn’t get up the vines and the decorations completely as I am way too exhausted and I’ll have the kids help me with that. Several months of planning and I can’t wait to see their faces tomorrow! We got home from Christmas Eve at my mom’s around 10pm and had to wait until 1130 to have my husband and nephew go pick them up and bring them home. They’ve been hiding in my moms garage for a month almost while I’ve worked on the inside. The cork background is from amazon. I believe it’s exo terra.
Good thing about the dragons coming later (probably around mid January since the breeder doesn’t start shipping again until the 12th) is that I can get a good idea of the temperature and the placement for things and such. They got money for Christmas from some relatives so I’ll probably let them pick out a basking platform later. I will be taking video of their reaction tomorrow so be prepared for that upload too!

Hikari

Those plushies are adorable! They'll make excellent stand-ins while you wait for the real thing. Your kids will be so hype! Looking forward to seeing that reveal video.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How absolutely freaking awesome! I wish something like this would have happened to me as a kid lol.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom