Stuck shed or fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xano

Original Poster
Heres how he looks now, not much changed, still eating the same. Guess we will wait until next shed for further update
106732-3123830916.jpg
106732-8531955345.jpg
With lamasil
106732-5768395471.jpg
After eating
106732-8036351544.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That looks like shed that is lifting off now. Get a paper towel, put a dab of Lamisil on + rub it over that area to see if the shed comes off.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The area on his back underneath the shed looks healthy which is very encouraging. Perhaps it was just a funky looking shed patch (ideal scenario). Keep applying the antifungal cream until it looks clean though just in case. Poor guy looks like his whole head is about to shed too. That usually makes them pretty grumpy for a while.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That area does look quite a bit better. So he is eating well still? That's great, I hope it all
clears right up. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Xano

Original Poster
-AHBD tried the paper towel didn't really come off I'll try again tomorrow

And yea he's moved on to medium dubias about 18 instead of 25 smalls per feeding. He eats 2x a day

Xano

Original Poster
Ok tried scrubbing the area with a soft toothbrush to see if it would take it off but no luck just seems like stubborn shed really

Heres a pic of the original spot from the beginning before the shed for comparison
106732-3971945252.jpg

Heres now after the brushing with lamisil
106732-8360864506.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That area is really looking a lot better with the lamisil treatments on it. That's great!
Maybe he wont have to have any oral anti-fungal medication if it continues to improve at
this rate anyway.

Tracie

Xano

Original Poster
Heres an update guys: Decided to take him to vet to get him checked out. The vet I went to was in arav thanks to tracie. Anyway the vet said it looked more like a burn and not yellow fungus but she did ask if we wanted to send a sample for testing and she said the PCR would run $250 or the fungal culture would be $200. Decided to opt out and wait to see what happens first. She instead gave me a chlorhexidine wash to use to brush the area and a topical cream to apply after. The whole visit cost nothing and the wash and cream was free! I was surprised

106732-1569959610.jpg

Before the wash and cream (shedding tail and leg)
106732-6681492501.jpg

After
106732-3391714390.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, that is good news, how surprising they didn't charge you for the visit or supplies.
I'm glad you had such good luck then.
Those products will be fine to use, daily. Did she want you to schedule another visit
soon to evaluate the area?
I agree, it does look somewhat like a burn. It will hopefully heal up soon! The culture
testing is expensive. I might know of another lab that can do a swabbing for yellow fungus
too for tons less if you decide to test.

Tracie

Xano

Original Poster
Tracie that would be great! Shoot me a message for the details!

And yes follow up will be after the next shed. But if we can do one for much less I'm all for it

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sure, I will send you a PM regarding the testing on that for you.
I hope he is doing well.

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, great to hear that you didn't break the bank at the vet! Definitely a score! :)

Hoping that you can start making some progress now with the spot!

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I'm glad you got the swab so fast. It doesn't look any worse, maybe a bit better.
Is he still eating well?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom