New bearded dragon mommy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought my first bearded dragon from an individual. She is approximately 5 years old. I dont know anything else about the person I bought it from or the bearded dragon. I am concerned with her tail it is crooked in several spots at the tip of it. It also looks discolored and when touched it feels hard. I have been reading up on bearded dragons and I am worried if it may be tail rot. Would appreciate it if anyone could tell me and also any advice if it is on what I need to do.
106828-2142272042.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, welcome to the world of b.d. ownership ! Sometimes a world of worry comes with it ! Just kidding, but it is pretty common for new owners to be concerned about anything unusual. :) The tail looks kinked or twisted [ but not tail rot ] most likely from a previous calcium deficiency as it was growing or sometimes genetic or birth defect. It should not affect her at all as long as you give proper care now. Can you post pics of her set up, lights and a rundown of your feeding + supplement schedule ?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Just parroting what AHBD said.
Welcome to the world of beardies :D

-Brandon

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!

As stated above, good care now will be on the menu. Calcium and, vitamin supplements, along with good lighting and, heat gradients will stop this. It may not straighten out but it will not continue to progress (in most cases).

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great she has a good home with you now. :D
Which UVB lighting will you be using for her? I also recommend placing her on liquid
calcium, for a higher absorption rate, too.
Feel free to post full body pictures of her for us also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom