One year old going nuts

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Re: One year old going nuts

Postby NelsonBernard » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:10 am

KarrieRee wrote:Hiccup has been going nuts the last week -- wants out constantly- wall surfed 4 hrs on Friday- couldn't get him out as I was working--- drove me insane- he's not eating -- I am thinking its male hormones- no head bobbing or anything like that -- he looks out the LR window when he's out then finds his sleeping spot and takes a nap - he is now jumping from back of chair to the windowsill of which he never did before-- too cold for him to sit there so I move him-- I do not know what is up w/ this behavior- after he's out for 2 hrs or so he's fine when I put him back in his tank
Karrie

Ive decided that all the male dragons are being called by their alpha!
NelsonBernard
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:37 am

NelsonBernard wrote:And now he has started headbobbing for the first time. Imagine if all this nonsense is because he's horny and hormonal like you's suggested 😂

Oh dear, I feel you on that, a few months ago Rocket started head bobbing, and now like Loki, He does it nonstop. My poor female beardies having to watch my two dorks across them lol.
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, a Ball python, and a community fish tank. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:49 am

NelsonBernard wrote:
KarrieRee wrote:Hiccup has been going nuts the last week -- wants out constantly- wall surfed 4 hrs on Friday- couldn't get him out as I was working--- drove me insane- he's not eating -- I am thinking its male hormones- no head bobbing or anything like that -- he looks out the LR window when he's out then finds his sleeping spot and takes a nap - he is now jumping from back of chair to the windowsill of which he never did before-- too cold for him to sit there so I move him-- I do not know what is up w/ this behavior- after he's out for 2 hrs or so he's fine when I put him back in his tank
Karrie

Actually For my 3 males, There's always a bit of a pecking order. My largest and longest Beardie, Loki Surprisingly enough is at the BOTTOM of the pecking order.
Whenever I have my Smaller Semi disabled Rescue Beardie Mulder out, Just even holding him near Loki's tank will make Loki immediately flatten out, suck in his beard and start arm waving! It's the weirdest thing.

And then my one year old Rocket doesn't seem to really care. But it seems That Mulder, my newest Beardie.... Is at the top, he's the Alpha.

Same thing with Thor back when we had him, He was also a weak disabled Rescue, But when I brought him to repticon, EVERY dragon he saw would arm wave and surrender when he was near, it was the funniest thing!
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

Don't mess with the disabled dudes.
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, a Ball python, and a community fish tank. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.

Postby NelsonBernard » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:04 am

HippieLizards wrote:
NelsonBernard wrote:
Karrie

Actually For my 3 males, There's always a bit of a pecking order. My largest and longest Beardie, Loki Surprisingly enough is at the BOTTOM of the pecking order.
Whenever I have my Smaller Semi disabled Rescue Beardie Mulder out, Just even holding him near Loki's tank will make Loki immediately flatten out, suck in his beard and start arm waving! It's the weirdest thing.

And then my one year old Rocket doesn't seem to really care. But it seems That Mulder, my newest Beardie.... Is at the top, he's the Alpha.

Same thing with Thor back when we had him, He was also a weak disabled Rescue, But when I brought him to repticon, EVERY dragon he saw would arm wave and surrender when he was near, it was the funniest thing!
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

Don't mess with the disabled dudes.

Adorable! Nelsons settled down the last few days! It mah be because ive been getting up early and bringing him to my bed for further naps haha. Hes been eating more and hes finally shedding! Hes got a nice pair of shorts in at the moment! Still glass surfs but nowhere near as much
NelsonBernard
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Health