One year old going nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NelsonBernard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1hjj8alx said:
Hiccup has been going nuts the last week -- wants out constantly- wall surfed 4 hrs on Friday- couldn't get him out as I was working--- drove me insane- he's not eating -- I am thinking its male hormones- no head bobbing or anything like that -- he looks out the LR window when he's out then finds his sleeping spot and takes a nap - he is now jumping from back of chair to the windowsill of which he never did before-- too cold for him to sit there so I move him-- I do not know what is up w/ this behavior- after he's out for 2 hrs or so he's fine when I put him back in his tank
Karrie

Ive decided that all the male dragons are being called by their alpha!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
NelsonBernard":2swqd7xs said:
And now he has started headbobbing for the first time. Imagine if all this nonsense is because he's horny and hormonal like you's suggested ?
Oh dear, I feel you on that, a few months ago Rocket started head bobbing, and now like Loki, He does it nonstop. My poor female beardies having to watch my two dorks across them lol.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
NelsonBernard":ucc7jx8y said:
KarrieRee":ucc7jx8y said:
Hiccup has been going nuts the last week -- wants out constantly- wall surfed 4 hrs on Friday- couldn't get him out as I was working--- drove me insane- he's not eating -- I am thinking its male hormones- no head bobbing or anything like that -- he looks out the LR window when he's out then finds his sleeping spot and takes a nap - he is now jumping from back of chair to the windowsill of which he never did before-- too cold for him to sit there so I move him-- I do not know what is up w/ this behavior- after he's out for 2 hrs or so he's fine when I put him back in his tank
Karrie

Actually For my 3 males, There's always a bit of a pecking order. My largest and longest Beardie, Loki Surprisingly enough is at the BOTTOM of the pecking order.
Whenever I have my Smaller Semi disabled Rescue Beardie Mulder out, Just even holding him near Loki's tank will make Loki immediately flatten out, suck in his beard and start arm waving! It's the weirdest thing.

And then my one year old Rocket doesn't seem to really care. But it seems That Mulder, my newest Beardie.... Is at the top, he's the Alpha.

Same thing with Thor back when we had him, He was also a weak disabled Rescue, But when I brought him to repticon, EVERY dragon he saw would arm wave and surrender when he was near, it was the funniest thing!
View media item 60600View media item 61147Don't mess with the disabled dudes.

NelsonBernard

Original Poster
HippieLizards":x0y03c8w said:
NelsonBernard":x0y03c8w said:
KarrieRee":x0y03c8w said:
Karrie

Actually For my 3 males, There's always a bit of a pecking order. My largest and longest Beardie, Loki Surprisingly enough is at the BOTTOM of the pecking order.
Whenever I have my Smaller Semi disabled Rescue Beardie Mulder out, Just even holding him near Loki's tank will make Loki immediately flatten out, suck in his beard and start arm waving! It's the weirdest thing.

And then my one year old Rocket doesn't seem to really care. But it seems That Mulder, my newest Beardie.... Is at the top, he's the Alpha.

Same thing with Thor back when we had him, He was also a weak disabled Rescue, But when I brought him to repticon, EVERY dragon he saw would arm wave and surrender when he was near, it was the funniest thing!
View media item 60600View media item 61147Don't mess with the disabled dudes.

Adorable! Nelsons settled down the last few days! It mah be because ive been getting up early and bringing him to my bed for further naps haha. Hes been eating more and hes finally shedding! Hes got a nice pair of shorts in at the moment! Still glass surfs but nowhere near as much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom