Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dextersmom4116

106822-1017822572.jpg
I'm not sure if this is tail rot or not but the only instance I can think of that he might have gotten tail rot is from an injury. Possibly at the reptile store when he was housed with other juveniles or one time I was moving something in his tank, he ran, I got spooked and I dropped the cave. It didn't seem like he was hurt at all and I wasn't even sure if it hit his tail at all but I know it was close so maybe?? Anyways, i am a super helicopter mom and just want to make sure he is okay. I noticed the end of his tail looked crusty when he was shedding but I didn't really think about it too much since this was his first shed with me.
106822-5056716702.jpg
I gave him baths and helped his shedding process by keeping a moist hide in there if he wanted it. After he was done shedding the darkness on his tail didn't go away and the crusty end looked a bit better. It seems like it is not getting any better so I wanted to check to see if anyone knew if it was or not. Please help!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is hard to determine there but it doesn't look too bad. The darkness hasn't traveled
upwards on his tail has hit?
For now, keep a close eye on that area. You can get some raw, unpasteurized or manuka
honey or antibiotic ointment to put on that area, daily. Has his tail completely finished shedding
then?

Tracie

Dextersmom4116

Original Poster
Thank you for replying Drache613. He is completely done shedding. It seems like there was a piece at the end that fell off during the shedding process though.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It probably won't be a problem , looks like a very slight dent from a nip or bit of retained shed. A tiny piece falling off can be normal afterwards or just having a small divot/kink.

106828-2142272042.jpg
I recently bought my first bearded dragon from an individual. She is approximately 5 years old. I dont know anything else about the person I bought it from or the bearded dragon. I am concerned with her tail it is crooked in several spots at the tip of it. It also looks discolored and when touched it feels hard. I have been reading up on bearded dragons and I am worried if it may be tail rot. Would appreciate it if anyone could tell me and also any advice if it is on what I need to do.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

******adamspetdragon2019******
Please go ahead & start your own thread so we don't hijack the OP's thread here.
That way, we can help you better & not get information all mixed up on the same
thread. We can review your tank setup with you as well.

Dextersmom4116, let us know how your boy is doing! I hope his tail is doing well & you wont
have any other issues with it.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Adamsdargon 2019 , as Drache613 mentioned if you start a thread we can help you with things and your thread won't get mixed up with this one. As for what I can see it just looks like a wavy tail caused by lack of enough calcium at some point as the dragon was growing but not tail rot. To start a new thread, click on the beardie E.R. and right under that you'll see the words " new topic".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom