I think my boy is dying.

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

I think my boy is dying.

Postby Puppycut » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:52 pm

My boy Jeb has been diagnosed with a tumor on his bile duct. The vet didn’t want to do anything about it because of his age which is about 8.
He has been n Metacam for pain and I feed him by hand which can be hard to do at times. He broke his jaw and has a lumpy see his mouth.
The past two days, his beard is black and he just seems blah.
What can I do for
Him?
Puppycut
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: I think my boy is dying.

Postby AHBD » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Aw, I'm so sorry ! How long has his jaw been broken, has he been in pain since then or is it now because of the tumor ? Sad to see a little friend go through this and to know it won't end well. If he was in good health prior I wonder how much of a chance he'd have with a surgery. Other than that just keep him as comfortable as possible and if you can really tell that his pain is too bad [ constant black beard, hardly moves, refuses food ] then the kindest thing would be to end his suffering. So sorry.... :(
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:13 pm

:(
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby Gormagon » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:02 pm

I am so sorry that your little buddy is going through this, I know first hand what it feels like. I generally don't open threads with titles like this one because of those experiences, it brings back all those memories.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby Drache613 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:52 pm

Hello,

That is so sad. I am so sorry to hear about your dragon, that has to be devastating for you
both. How did he break his jaw?
Can he eat on his own at all? Do your best to keep him comfortable & especially overnight,
be sure to keep him warm in his tank. Or, do you have him sleep next to you?
This is such a difficult time when they are critically ill like this. All you can do if there isn't any
chance of curing it is to keep him happy & warm, without any stress.
Have you considered the CBD oil?

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER