Poop concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I’m worried about how often my bearded dragon is pooping. Last week, he went 4 days between poops, and when he finally did go, it was a lot and looked fine. Now it has been 5 days since he pooped. Should I be concerned?

I feed him crickets and BSFL. I also give him a mix of turnip greens, cucumbers, and sometimes blueberries. He has not been eating his greens lately.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

How old is your dragon?

It's not uncommon for older dragons to go longer in between poos. Younger ones can even go a few days in between poos quite regularly.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok then, yeah it really isn't that worrysome or out of the ordinary then.

If you want, we can go over your husbandry with you to make sure there are no potential issues there that might be causing him trouble to digest?

-Brandon

Teach88790

Original Poster
I have a 4x2x2 zen habitat. I use a 100w zoo med basking bulb from 8am to 7pm. The temps on one side of tank range from 95-105 and on the other end of the tank, it is around 75.

I just ordered a 75 watt bulb to see if I can keep the temp around 100 instead of 105.

https://imgur.com/gallery/hBKxT85

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom