Extended eye and white spots on toe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
106817-3187747933.jpg
Hi eveyone im new and this is my first post if i miss anything please let me know. Ok so i have a 10 to 11 month old male bearded dragon named Reptar im not 100% of his age. I have noticed his left eye is extended farther out than his right eye, he does close his left eye more to look with his right, there are no signs of any illness no eye watering, no discharge or anything, he eats great, poops great and is pretty active. And for his toe when i touch it it doesn't seem to bother him and its not shed im not sure if its just the color but it kinda looks like calcium dust on his toe but water wont take it off. He is in a 75g with tile a 12% Acadia tube 75w basking temps are 92 to 105 cool side is about 78 to 80 he eats crickets, dubias, superworms, daily and collards and mini peppers daily, he is a picky eater! Calcium dust 4x week on greens and protein. Thank you for your time and please ask if i have forgotten something.
106817-7452622880.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Reptar! Good name =). I've seen a few cases of the eye lens bulging like that. I'm not exactly sure what causes it though. As long as it doesn't seem to be bothering him and isn't causing discharge or other sign of infection I probably wouldn't worry about it too much. A blood test at some point might help check his systems to make sure they are running properly. As far as the toe goes, it doesn't look damaged. It might just be a patch that is ready to shed. Keep an eye out for signs of shedding but also for constricted skin or signs of damage/injury.

jessicasweeton22

Original Poster
Thanks lol and i forgot to add that his last shed was in June and after that til about a month ago he kinda went into a small burmation phase and has been doing alot of eye bulging and beard puffing lately so he may be going into shed but thank you for the reply and i will definitely be getting blood work done in the near future.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

I agree, doesn't look too concerning. Would you be able to get another picture of the eye but at a different angle?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom