Pecking at food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mflav

My bearded dragon is about eight months old he finally just started to eat greens but seems like he’s always pecking at his food and having a hard time getting it in his mouth I realized this morning when I took a Close up pic of his mouth open while basking that he has no teeth towards the front is this normal? If not this is probably why he’s pecking the food. He has no issues eating his crickets because he uses his tongue for them. Here is a pic of teeth
106350-8002689639.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The teeth look normal (and quite healthy!) to me. Sometimes they have a tough time grabbing wet items such as fresh veges. They learn to kind of scoop at it with their mouth. Sometimes holding the food up to them in the palm of your hand helps them get a hold of it. Since the crickets are relatively dry, is tongue is sticky enough to reel them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom