Mbd or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mambear

Hello,

I was hoping for a little advice. I have three juvenile beardies. Two are doing great. The first one I purchased was never much of an eater, not very active. I purchased her in late sept. In mid Oct I noticed her front leg twitching prior to taking a step..it would come and go. Fast forward to mid Nov her back legs stopped moving. I took her to a vet which was hard to find up here in pa and she basically did nothing for her. She said some are prone to mbd. I had her in a 40g tank , 100watt basking..110degrees on one side 80-85 cooler side, reptisun 10.0 covering almost the length of the tank, ceramic tiles, at night I use a ceramic heater 60 watts-no light.
Then swapped to the arcadia t5+d3
I feed her collard greens, turnips, mustard greens, squash,carrots..they dont eat fruit.
Main source of food: dubia roaches, crickets, hornworms, small superworms ...wax and butterworms occasionally. No mealworms.
Bath: 2xs a day for her now for about 10min.
Others 1x a day.
Dust all food with calcium w/d3
Herptivite 2 times a week.

I bought bug de lite a few weeks ago..liquid calcium, multivitamin, probiotic and serrateppan (misspelled)

She refuses to eat now so I bought repticare carnivore, organic baby food, sweet potato and squash with olive oil..feed it twice a day by syringe which I hate doing..feel sorry for her having to go through this. I have moved all large items out of her tank and moved her to a smaller 20 gallon now..if anything was more then 2 inches high I would find her in her back which is scary cause they dont breath well.

I give her warm baths and she struggles to go because of the paralysis but I see the tail twitch and slight wiggle..I massage her belly and she will go..today some small blood in the stool..I do half pedialyte and water..have to keep a constant watch cause she turns sideways..

Saw something where you can send in a stool sample to some lab? Anyone familiar? Please provide as much info as possible.

Vet who supposedly dealt with exotics didnt do it and she went when there.when asked she said it was well formed...I asked about blood and she said because she is only 4mths she wouldnt even attempt on her...xrays..she didnt think that was necessary..its like umm okies wtf..

Any ideas?

Pretty frustrated because I feel like it's just getting worse no matter what I try..

I bought the 2nd and 3rd ones and one was way smaller then her and is way bigger already..

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry about the little one. What is her name ? It's true that some b.d's are prone to MBD for a variety of reasons but it could be other actors. Her not eating well would be a problem, how many insects does she eat a day when she was eating ? You may want to check for ADV [ atadenovirus ] One of the mods. here , username Drache613 , works with the research lab. BTW, where did you get her + were the other 2 from the same place ? Are they housed together ? Pics can help, of the baby + the set up. Here's how to post them.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIM to upload

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is too bad your dragon is having so much trouble right now!
Definitely post some pictures of your dragon so we can see the physical condition.
If they are housed together, it would be better to separate them as they tend to do
better alone.
How do you have the tube bulb mounted, directly above her?
How are they liking the calcium, is the chart helpful?

If you would like to test for adeno, you can sign up on my site at:

www.thepats.info

Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom