I think my boy is dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppycut

Hatchling Member
My boy Jeb has been diagnosed with a tumor on his bile duct. The vet didn’t want to do anything about it because of his age which is about 8.
He has been n Metacam for pain and I feed him by hand which can be hard to do at times. He broke his jaw and has a lumpy see his mouth.
The past two days, his beard is black and he just seems blah.
What can I do for
Him?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm so sorry ! How long has his jaw been broken, has he been in pain since then or is it now because of the tumor ? Sad to see a little friend go through this and to know it won't end well. If he was in good health prior I wonder how much of a chance he'd have with a surgery. Other than that just keep him as comfortable as possible and if you can really tell that his pain is too bad [ constant black beard, hardly moves, refuses food ] then the kindest thing would be to end his suffering. So sorry.... :(

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I am so sorry that your little buddy is going through this, I know first hand what it feels like. I generally don't open threads with titles like this one because of those experiences, it brings back all those memories.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is so sad. I am so sorry to hear about your dragon, that has to be devastating for you
both. How did he break his jaw?
Can he eat on his own at all? Do your best to keep him comfortable & especially overnight,
be sure to keep him warm in his tank. Or, do you have him sleep next to you?
This is such a difficult time when they are critically ill like this. All you can do if there isn't any
chance of curing it is to keep him happy & warm, without any stress.
Have you considered the CBD oil?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom