Claud's Crew! - New Girl In The House! - New Pics

Welcome to my journal for my crew! This will be the thread I post all my pictures and updates in regards to my crew! This is going to be like a journal of sorts. A tool I can use to look back on and see how I was doing things, and important events that have occurred for my crew! I really like being able to go back and look at things like that.

To start off with, since all my dragons had a thread previously, they will all get their own post under this to kind of catch up to where things are right now.

A bit about me (EDIT: Ok it's a lot about me now..)

I've had dragons for almost 20 years now. My first dragon was named Shredder. Information was so scarce back then, and I was so inexperienced, Shredder didn't last long under my care. He was housed on walnut shell, typical petstore setup (you think they are bad nowadays, think back 20 years ago) and I honestly don't remember much else about how i cared for him besides the fact that I had grown attached to him. After shredder died, I dedicated a good portion of my free time to learning about dragons. I knew I wanted another, but I didn't want him to suffer the same fate. I read, I learned, I talked to other owners that I would meet at petstores. I read every caresheet I could find online. I even talked breeders ears off when they'd let me. I got another dragon eventually, Hawk. And then another, Buttercup. Then I rescued Scorpio. And shortly after that, I saw a runt in a petstore that I bought, Rusty. For awhile, this was my crew. They all lived for 5 or 6 years. Their care wasn't perfect, but it was better and I was learning and growing as a dragon keeper.

One day the petstore owner and I were talking, and he wanted to give me his dragon. He didn't want to take care of her anymore. I had never taken in an adult dragon. I had always only had babies that I raised myself. I wouldn't have said yes if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to stay in good with the petstore owner (this came into play massively a few years later)
So, now I have a 3 year old dragon, who I named Naughtica. Her name is based on Naussica, a character from a movie (she was the start to how I name all of the rest of my future dragons, after hayo Miyazaki film characters). Around the same time I got an adult Male, Spyro. I don't remember exactly how I got him, but I believe also from a friend I had met at the petstore. He was trying to produce white dragons (back then they were basically unheard of, and light grey hypos were the closest most people had gotten to that) and spyro was a light-grey hypo.

Naughtica and spyro were the only two dragons I had for a few years now. Around this time is when I also found this website, and my knowledge, care, and love for this hobby grew immensely. I loved being surrounded by people who understood. I loved being able to talk dragons all day long if I wanted. And I loved being able to help people. Obviously in the beginning, it was me being helped. But I soaked it all up like a sponge. I loved it.

Eventually I decided I wanted to breed. So, Naughtica and Spyro were put together for a week. And, it was successful. It was honestly a lot of fun, it was scary, but it was rewarding. Coming home that one day and seeing that a few hatched was one of the happiest moments of my life. I was so filled with joy and excitement.
But now a new learning curve. Caring for around 20 baby hatchlings. And it was a learning curve for sure. I was not at all prepared for how much they eat. I wasn't prepared to separate ones that started to get picked on. For that reason some lost parts of tails, some lost toes. One even completely lost a foot. But, i grew and I learned with later clutches.

Remember wanting to stay in good with the petshop owner? It came into play now. His shop was how I was able to sell my babies. It was either just my town, or the time, but he basically couldn't keep dragons in stock. Worked out great for me, and great for him. I had a solid consistent place to sell my babies to, and he had a reliable person to buy from.

I only did that for about two seasons before life changed and breeding as a hobby was no longer a viable thing to do. Spyro had died a year or two later. I really don't know how old he was.

But Naughtica was going strong. And a few more years passed and I had bought Kiki. I had always had a thing for red trans, and Kiki was the perfect girl to fit that bill. I had gotten over breeding and just wanted a dragon or two of the "higher end" morphs to enjoy. By this time I was very active on this site, and Naughtica and Kiki both had their own threads here (I will link to later). So did Calcifer, a uromastyx that I had bought from that same petshop I used to sell to. Naughtica was getting pretty old at this point. But, my care and knowledge had grown so much that I knew she was gonna be with me for the long haul, and that's what I was hoping out of kiki and calcifer. These three were my new crew. I was happy with everything I had.

Long story short, life got in the way again, and my crew had to be put under someone elses care. They were entrusted to my family. Unfortunately, that didn't work out well at all. And I feel awful. They were not taken care of properly. They eventually all passed. Naughtica was around 12 I believe. And I have no doubts she would have lived even longer if she were to have been under my care, I just wasn't able to.

It took me a long time to feel like I could get back into this hobby. One thing never left me, and that was my love for this hobby, and my love for these creatures, and my love for talking anyones ear off about them that will let me.

And here we are today.

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Your daughter is beyond cute, and so sweet, wanting to help feed the dragons... good job teaching her to love all her fellow living creatures, even the bugs that will be dragon dinner! I could picture you doing the Mufasa-and-Simba Circle of Life talk together...

"Everything, from the tiniest dubia to the biggest dragon, is part of the great Circle of Life..."
"But Dad, don't the dragons EAT the dubias?"

Love the "oooooo!" Both my nieces went through a serious bug lovin' phase, catching and studying everything they could get their hands on, much to the dismay of their not-so-much bug lovin' mom. My own now-13 year old boy, raised around every conceivable critter, has wound up being pretty neutral towards pets in general... likes them okay, but isn't critter crazy like his mom. Sigh. Enjoy your little one's enthusiasm, and nurture it!

And your new dragon girl is a lovely one! So colorful! It will be fun watching her grow into a stunning dragoness.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Vanessa! I saw you post right after I posted the big update.. I was just waiting for you to see it haha :)

Yup, I'm very convincing with the wife. She'd rather me not buy another dragon but.. the second bedroom isn't needed for another child yet... LOL
My real problem is I still want a Uro, but now I have 5 beardies :oops:

Tasnene":redhz4go said:
I second that! Wow she looks amazing and cool !
Why thank you :) I thought she was quite stunning too :D

And thanks CBMama. It's funny you use that quote, we really want her to like Disney movies because we both love disneyland and want her to be as amazed as possible when we first take her lol. But she doesn't really like watching tv or movies. She'd rather us be watching her, or giving her attention LOL. But, the beardie room is the one exception. She will sit in there and watch the dragons or look at the bugs for much longer than she will focus on anything else. It's still only for like 5 minutes, but it's by far what can hold her attention the longest. But hey, it's a big world out there, lots of explore and no time to waste!

ComicBookMama":redhz4go said:
My own now-13 year old boy, raised around every conceivable critter,
I was the same way when I was younger. My bug phase started at 6 years old. And slowly morphed into a reptiles and bugs and amphibians phase. Now I'm really only into reptiles, but I can appreciate it all.

Thanks for the compliment too on the new girl. I am excited to see what she turns out like.
This is another phantom stripe Josh D produced who is much older.
65858775_439305963582883_1529828272495504701_n.jpg

68677020_343558199857754_7936035962920549073_n.jpg

Only time will tell if my girl ends up like this one. (would not be disappointed lol)
He doesn't produce many phantom stripes and he pretty much avoided my question about their genetics... so they are still a mystery to me.

-Brandon

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Wow she’s really freakin cool! Lol I never seen a bearded dragon like her before ..... earlier today I saw that someone in the community has bearded dragons with stars in the back of them . I’m enjoying these chats and look forward to more pics of your gang and baby girls lol

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Tas :)

Tombo has been semi-brumating. As in he will hide and not be too active but he's not really sleeping the whole day.
This is the cave he hides in:
31715-2611731868.jpg
And this is how you can tell he is brumating..
31715-908216602.jpg
Superworm inches away from him... and he doesn't care.. LOL

So anyways, we have decided on the name of our new girl.
31715-2763259867.jpg
Kiki

She's going through a full body shed right now, but she is still doing great. Eating lots, basking all proud, and being very interested in me.

31715-9154102555.jpg
31715-3556515426.jpg
31715-3918934362.jpg
She saw the mealworm I placed on the tile for her right here

31715-2389114341.jpg
31715-2617513431.jpg
Shes such a cute eater too. It's so cute seeing her little jaws munch on her food. She is quite a sweetheart.

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Kiki is so sweet! Did you get her name from the anime KIKI’S DELIVERY SERVICE? Tombo’s semi brumation is funny... just hanging out in his man-dragon cave!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yup :)

All my dragons are named after miyazaki movies. In fact, tombo comes from kiki's delivery service too. :)

Yeah he loves his cave. However this morning I saw him lying on his log, like he decided to sleep there. His blue turns black when hes cold... or.. hormonal. I'll post a pic right now, just gotta upload it.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Some Kiki cuteness for you all :)

31715-3850659737.jpg
31715-4694265495.jpg

She is still preshed, but still, it seems her colors are still popping through the dullness. She's probably going to explode any day now.

31715-4679431128.jpg

-Brandon

Last edited:
I am in love with this forum. I have wanted a Beardie for the last 20 years but I was so scared to take the leap. I felt like a wierdo because of the love I have for reptiles. They are the coolest creatures on the earth. I swear. I finally got one, she was a lone wolf on a plant away from the basking rock in a terrarium of 8. 2 fancy and the rest regular. I got her because I just felt like there was a reason she was by herself. I was taken aback by how affectionate she was from the start. She actually she snuggles up in my hand, on a sock, and I rock her, and sing to her every night. She falls asleep, and i gently place her in her dark viv. I have 2 cats, a dog, and a ball python, but she is by far my most loving.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
They are great aren't they? :D

Many people dont understand until they get their own.

Ms. Kiki is eating salads out of my hand now. She will readily eat out of her dish but I always feel it's nice to be able to hand feed them their greens too. And boy, she can put away some collard greens. She has quite the appetite for everything actually.
She got her first bath (with me) yesterday and before I could even fully put her body in the water, she had aimed her head straight down to drink. She is smart. I have no idea how she knew it was water before she even touched it. It wasnt like it was running or anything.

Everyone else got a bath too. And everyone drank besides Moro. Shes been having beard issues again. I gave her 2 male dubias last week and I'm pretty sure shes still holding them in her throat. Gonna have to figure out what to do about this behavior.

-Brandon

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
AprilandXena":1x4untuv said:
I am in love with this forum. I have wanted a Beardie for the last 20 years but I was so scared to take the leap. I felt like a wierdo because of the love I have for reptiles. They are the coolest creatures on the earth. I swear. I finally got one, she was a lone wolf on a plant away from the basking rock in a terrarium of 8. 2 fancy and the rest regular. I got her because I just felt like there was a reason she was by herself. I was taken aback by how affectionate she was from the start. She actually she snuggles up in my hand, on a sock, and I rock her, and sing to her every night. She falls asleep, and i gently place her in her dark viv. I have 2 cats, a dog, and a ball python, but she is by far my most loving.
I have been doing my research for ball pythons because I hope to get one.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom