Spot cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Hi all , so right now Yeti is having watery poop. It’s my fault she didn’t have bugs for like 3-4 days . So right now it’s a nightmare cleaning her tank however even when she is pooping regular she poops all over her hammock and on her hut . I’m going to do a deep clean soon, but I was wondering what is the best way to spot clean? I use a mixture of water and vinegar but the poop stains are still there. I’m hoping when I do the deep clean it will come off. I’m also concerned about the smell of the vinegar because it does not air out fast enough and I’m not sure if the smell bothers her. She doesn’t seem bothered by it .

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use a vinegar water solution, and I also use baby wipes which hold up pretty well to "scrubbing"
I too dont really like the vinegar fumes bit that's why I usually use the baby wipes.

I also use a handheld steamer on occasion or when the mess gets too bad or too stuck on.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Tasnene":37dvmfp0 said:
Thank you I’m definitely going to try baby wipes
Agree with that. I use unscented baby wipes. Since Petey's favorite spot is his basking hammock, that's usually where he does his business too. Hate that but oh well, he does love his hammock.
-Dee

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
+1 to the unscented baby wipes, and also to the vinegar/water solution. I, too, don't care for the lingering vinegar smell - but Figment doesn't seem to care much about it.

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ComicBookMama":13ppvvpd said:
+1 to the unscented baby wipes, and also to the vinegar/water solution. I, too, don't care for the lingering vinegar smell - but Figment doesn't seem to care much about it.

Thanks guys ! I just picked some up. So hopefully she doesn’t mind the smell of vinegar, it doesn’t seem that she does and well I don’t like it but I don’t care as long as she can handle it . I don’t want to use harsh chemicals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom