Parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
I bought a baby bearded dragon about 3 months ago and she has gained maybe 15 grams and now she is starting to lose weight and I am taking her in for a fecal test on friday because I am pretty sure she has parasites and I messaged the woman I bought her from about it and she left my message on opened. So I'm guessing she already knew but sold her to me anyway

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Is she still eating? Active and alert? The weight loss is concerning especially for a little one. A fecal is a good idea. My guy was just diagnosed with parasites also but he is larger and 6 months old. Just a word of advice, if the fecal comes back with High counts do not take Albon from the vet. I did and now my guy is lethargic and won’t eat. It is harsh on their system. You want ponazuril, which I have ordered online.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of tank and lighting --- https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then the pic-------------- most times it has everything to do w/ lighting and basking temps --- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? infrared heat gun stick ons or digital probe? basking temps should be 105-110 for a baby --- if you believe he has parasites which I am wondering since he is so young I would take a fecal in before you take him in -- see if you can drop a sample off to be tested first then go from there -- but you need to get your lighting in order so we need to rule it out --- what does his poop look like --- runny ? it should be formed dark and moist same w/ the urate white formed and moist ------------- does the smell drive you from the room? that is another sign of parasites --- and hes losing weight that is a sign of parasites as well --- what is he eating and what are you feeding him ???? he should be eating as many insects in a 10 minute time span dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week w/ vitamins 2 x per week and a salad of greens offered every morning
Karrie

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Linzloohoo":2o5p8dgi said:
Is she still eating? Active and alert? The weight loss is concerning especially for a little one. A fecal is a good idea. My guy was just diagnosed with parasites also but he is larger and 6 months old. Just a word of advice, if the fecal comes back with High counts do not take Albon from the vet. I did and now my guy is lethargic and won’t eat. It is harsh on their system. You want ponazuril, which I have ordered online.
Yes she is still eating and she is active and alert. I feed her crickets and horned worms. Her basking temps may have dropped a little bit due to the weather being colder by me. I will post pics when I get off work thank you all

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Horn worms are not a staple, they are all water. Good for hydration but not very nutritious. Crickets are ok. How many is she eating? Other choices are Dubia roaches, bfsl, silkworms. Is she getting salads? They should consist of dark leafy greens like collards/mustards/turnips and veggies like carrots/squash/bell pepper.
Are you letting here eat as many crickets as she wants in a 15-20 minute time period 2 to 3 times a day? Offering salads everyday?

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Linzloohoo":295nn0kc said:
Horn worms are not a staple, they are all water. Good for hydration but not very nutritious. Crickets are ok. How many is she eating? Other choices are Dubia roaches, bfsl, silkworms. Is she getting salads? They should consist of dark leafy greens like collards/mustards/turnips and veggies like carrots/squash/bell pepper.
Are you letting here eat as many crickets as she wants in a 15-20 minute time period 2 to 3 times a day? Offering salads everyday?
Yes I do know they are not a staple she eats probably 10-15 I try to give her salads when I can but most of the time they just sit and get dry I've tried almost every green under the sun she is not a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom