Bearded Dragon’s Claw Looks Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWolfAttacks

I got a two year old female dragon about a 6 weeks ago and about 4 weeks ago I noticed her one of her claws looked weird. I took her to the vet to get her a general check up because I wanted to make sure she was healthy. The vet I go to hasn’t looked at bearded dragons all that much, so it’s a learning process for both of us but they’re very helpful. The vet didn’t know what’s wrong with her claw so I thought I’d try here. Please let me know what's wrong and how I can heal it. Thank you!
106801-2633744669.jpg
106801-2136653476.jpg
106801-8709188918.jpg

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor.

My first suspicion is fungal infection, but that's based on having seen similar symptoms in human toenails (onychomycosis). I gather there are no herp vets in your area?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure what would cause that either. I haven't seen a nail start to show deterioration like that (it's usually isolated to the toe). Possibly damage from a fight or from getting the nail tangled in something. Possibly an infection of some kind as mentioned. If the area is starting to shed it could be swelling from that (which would likely return to normal after the shed). Was your vet able to take some photos and consult any reptile vets in their network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom