?? About dandelion greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Hi all!
I was wondering about feeding my boy Petey young, tender dandelion greens. I've noticed people recommending them in the 'greens' category.
I live in NC USA and dandelions grow year round in my yard. I mean I have an abundance! I have never seen them for sale here.
I went and picked a few small, tender leaves, soaked them in vinegar water and rinsed well. He loves them! They have not been sprayed with any chemical or poison. I'm the only one that takes care of the yard, so I'm sure.
Opinion? This ok?
-Dee

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
I think the only other concern would be if there's "drift" from chemical treatments in any neighboring yards. I have found fresh (bagged) organic dandelion greens and also watercress at Publix here in Florida. Not sure if you have Publix there?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Washing them under water is fine, you dont need to use vinegar water. And like mentioned, the only concern would be fertilizers and pesticides.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
JumpinJellyfish":21yw0dzf said:
I think the only other concern would be if there's "drift" from chemical treatments in any neighboring yards. I have found fresh (bagged) organic dandelion greens and also watercress at Publix here in Florida. Not sure if you have Publix there?
I think the closest Publix is at least 30 miles from me. Love Publix! Grew up in FL.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":3vk8ne4x said:
Washing them under water is fine, you dont need to use vinegar water. And like mentioned, the only concern would be fertilizers and pesticides.

-Brandon
Thanks hon. I use vinegar water on just about all my veggies anyway. As a rinse.
As for the yard, I live in a MH park and all that is done is mowing. Few of the resident's do anything, besides me, and no one near me even weed eats or edges so I'm really not concerned about that. No perfect yards around here! Mine is one of the nicest and I only use any type of chemical for fire ants. I know where I put that. No one around me even does that. Believe me if I had any concern I wouldn't give them to my boy. ?

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
DragonPete":fafv33qa said:
JumpinJellyfish":fafv33qa said:
I think the closest Publix is at least 30 miles from me. Love Publix! Grew up in FL.
I'm a long-ago-transplanted yankee, but I love it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom