Patches of pink scales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepyseal72

Hi everyone, I recently got a new beardie after my older boy passed away from a tumor last year. We've had him about a week now and he has been pretty good about eating since we got him and has lots of energy. He was doing a lot of running around this morning while I was cleaning so I jsut went to take him out and he has these strange patches of pink scales that I haven't seen on him before. He is a leatherback zero morph and is 3 years old. Ambient temp is 80 and basking spot is 95-100 depending on where he sits. It almost looks like he is going into a patchy shed but the scales are pink instead of white. The hide that is in his tank is pretty rough and I've never had a leatherback before, is him running across it possible aggrivating his scales? It looks like there is one scale that was bleeding but it has stopped now. There are also a few scales on his belly that look like they are older and were missed on his last shed that I also hadn't noticed before (he has not shed since he has been with us, its only been about a week so I'm wondering if they were missed on his last shed) ill try to attach pictures for reference. Thanks!
106804-7637658994.jpg
106804-8390525453.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Once you get pictures up we will be better able to figure out what's happening. It's most likely related to shed but we will see :)

-Brandon

sleepyseal72

Original Poster
claudiusx":1d0hrcfv said:
Hi there,

Once you get pictures up we will be better able to figure out what's happening. It's most likely related to shed but we will see :)

-Brandon

Thanks for your quick reply, I just added some photos of him to the original post :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

That just looks like food staining. Has he ate anything red?

-Brandon

sleepyseal72

Original Poster
claudiusx":2rsi6sjw said:
Hi there,

That just looks like food staining. Has he ate anything red?

-Brandon

Hi again,

He hasn't had anything red since being with me and he is on tile. Perhaps his previous owner had him on red sand and I just didn't notice it right away when I got him. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom