Tylosin Vs. F10sc For RI *(Surpise Eggs, possible surgery)*

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Re: Tylosin Vs. F10sc For RI *(Surpise Eggs, possible surger

Postby AHBD » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:47 pm

Oh my, that's an unexpected + stressful situation,sorry to hear it. Hopefully Tracie will chime in, it does sound as if she needs something for a possible R.I again, maybe nebulizing . And never pull anything off of a reptile, it has to come off on it's own. Can you post pics of the tail ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 24962
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Tylosin Vs. F10sc For RI *(Surpise Eggs, possible surger

Postby Drache613 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:14 am

Hello,

I am sure that the scales are fine. You can just keep putting the antibiotic ointment
on the area, or you can also use raw, unpasteurized honey. That area should be just
fine.
I don't know why her respiratory issues continue to come back. It is probably fungal or
bacterial so Gentamicin would probably work better than Baytril. A mouth swab would
help determine whether or not there is another type of bacteria present that is being
missed.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
User avatar
Drache613
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 40104
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: May, Texas

Re: Tylosin Vs. F10sc For RI *(Surpise Eggs, possible surger

Postby hmwyer » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:47 am

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]


Here's the tail. After the soak, it was coming off easily, so I assumed it was okay, but once I realized what the scales looked like I was like, nope this isn't right. Called the vet about the RI, and waiting on a call back. I think it must be something that might fungal or bacterial. She has to go back to get her stitches out in a few weeks, so hopefully the baytril will suffice until they can do a mouth swab a d see if it's something else. I would go back sooner of course if I really needed to, but it's a 2hr drive and I don't think I can get off work at peak season unless it's an emergency, so I'm hoping I can at least hold off until January taking her or they can maybe just send me some meds to try. Idk. 🤷‍♀️
hmwyer
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: Tylosin Vs. F10sc For RI *(Surpise Eggs, possible surger

Postby Drache613 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:24 am

Hello,

Oh so the of the tail came off then? How is it looking tonight?
I understand, a 2 hour drive is rough. Has the breathing gotten any worse, or not?
I hope she is feeling a little better. The wintertime is a hard time for a lot of them.
I hope he hangs in there, poor guy. Keep us posted on her.

Tracie
User avatar
Drache613
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 40104
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: May, Texas

Re: Tylosin Vs. F10sc For RI *(Surpise Eggs, possible surger

Postby hmwyer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Spoke to the vet and she said sometimes it can take longer if it's a bad infection and that a month or more on baytril shouldn't hurt her. I said well, I'll be in for her stitches to be removed so if it's not cleared up by then we could maybe try something else. She said if that doesn't clear it up we could do a swab for fungal and give meds accordingly. And that hopefully she won't build a tolerance to the baytril.
As far as the tail, yes it fell off the first time over about a month maybe 2 ago. It all seems fine until I noticed the gray line again, but WAYY higher up this time. Doing betadine soaks 2-3 times a day and using neosporin as well. The part that I picked sadly looks really shriveled and dry, but hoping it will fix up with the treatments. If that isn't any better by the vet visit, I will be getting that looked at as well. Oh, this is just so awful for her. She seems in better spirits though since resuming the baytril, so maybe she just needs it a bit longer than most. She was bad off more so than I thought, so perhaps she just needs more time......also, can the serrapeptase cause any interactions with the baytril that anyone is aware of? I don't want to make matters worse for her by doing too much.
hmwyer
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: Tylosin Vs. F10sc For RI *(Surpise Eggs, possible surger

Postby Drache613 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:32 am

Hello,

It looks like the tail has healed up though. I hope she isn't on the baytril for too long though.
The tail should be fine, just keep neosporin on it for now.
It sounds like she feels better though so the antibiotics must be helping to clear up some type
of infection going on. Sorry she is still having some trouble!
As far as I know, the serrapeptase has no side effects & shouldn't cause any interactions with
the medications either.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
User avatar
Drache613
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 40104
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: May, Texas
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie ER

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AHBD, Alyshaci, Google [Bot]