Fertile eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avisi

My 2-year female bearded dragon mated with my male and she laid eggs for the very first time but they were not fertile, this about 4 weeks ago now. I think she might be gravid again but she hasn't been with the male again since the first time so is it possible that this clutch could be fertile or should I not get my hopes up?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How did you figure the first clutch wasnt fertile?

If you want to raise hatchlings it wont hurt to incubate them and see. If you weren't looking to raise babies it's most humane to freeze the eggs if there is a question about whether they may or may not be fertile.

-Brandon

avisi

Original Poster
They came out dented and pretty yellow but I still incubated them for about 3 weeks and they never turned white and got bigger they just got more dented and eventually started molding, but I read on a different site that its supposed to be normal for their very first clutch? And they can lay fertile eggs after without being with that male again and I was curious if that was true.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If the mating was successful the eggs would have been fertilized , usually the only exception is sometimes if a male is older I believe. Other than that the eggs should be fertile.

avisi

Original Poster
AHBD":3d9zrysn said:
If the mating was successful the eggs would have been fertilized, usually the only exception is sometimes if a male is older I believe. Other than that the eggs should be fertile.
My male is around 10 years old so that would make sense I guess. They were never meant to be put together just to be clear as well, it was an accident by my Dad. She's currently gaining a lot of weight also, shes 17 oz right now and was 13 even right after laying her clutch about 5 weeks ago now. She was 14.7 right before laying last time and before they ever got put together she was 13.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom