Quick question regarding vet visit (Albon prescribed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
So I made an appointment for Kai today because I suspect he has parasites. Runny smelly poo and sleepy a lot. Thought it better to just get him checked. When I made the appointment I told the receptionist that he hasn’t poo’d today so I don’t have a stool sample, to which she told me that it doesn’t matter to bring him in anyway. I’m confused, how can they do a fecal without a stool sample? I’ve read they can take a q-tip and insert it into their vent to get it. Is that safe? Definitely not letting them do an enema with all the horror stories I’ve read. Hopefully I can get him to go before the appointment.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes no enemas --- and I wouldnt let them stick anything up his vent either --- I would get him to go and then take the sample in ---- feed him a little olive oil w/ some unsweetened applesauce -- baby prunes - sweet potato -- something along the lines of that and the prunes will make him go may take a day or so but it works
Karrie

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1y5c2n95 said:
Yes no enemas --- and I wouldnt let them stick anything up his vent either --- I would get him to go and then take the sample in ---- feed him a little olive oil w/ some unsweetened applesauce -- baby prunes - sweet potato -- something along the lines of that and the prunes will make him go may take a day or so but it works
Karrie

Well he usually poos once a day, of course today would be the day he doesn’t. So I don’t think I’ll need to give him anything to make him go, I just wasn’t expecting for them to get him an appointment same day. Hopefully they will let me just drop off his next poo. I didn’t like the idea of them trying to force a sample either. It kinda makes me question the vet since they said bring him in anyways ??‍♀️

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Omgsh he just pooped now, 10 mins before we are leaving for appointment lol. Good timing. Of course this poo is completely formed, although the urate does have a reddish rusty tinge to it. I’m still going to take him in to be on the safe side.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Could be something he ate make sure you get a report if vet visit w/ lab results
Karrie

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I didn’t see this till now, they didn’t give me a report or any fecal results. But did say he had a high count of Coccidia and some type of Flagella. He gave us metronidazole to take .15 ml every other day for 3 doses, and Albon ? .3 ml once a day for 3 days, then once every other day for 5 doses. I am really hesitant to use the Albon, as I’ve read how harsh it can be. Thoughts?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Talk to Tracie she's the vet moderator- you can pm her or see if she responds to this post--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom