He is extremely active at night, is it from the lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palealienos

My bearded dragon, Vincent, is about 3 years old. I’ve been using a ceramic bulb for night time but next to his terrarium is my crested gecko(Houdini) tank. I’ve placed a divider between them to shield each other, I was too afraid of Vincent scaring the tail off of Houdini. For night time I use a 50w night red halogen bulb for Houdini, is Vincent detecting the light and wanting to run towards it to bask? If so, how do I make him understand where his basking spot is? He’s been sleeping all day and is very active at night but it is winter time so I thought it was just him getting ready for brumation at first

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would say the red light is keeping him up -- can you move Houdini? I would ---
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
They like it dark and cool (70 to 80 degrees) so your heat emitter my be a problem as well. You can cover his view with a dark towel or something like that.

Palealienos

Original Poster
I’m going to move Houdini to the other side of the room, there’s a wall that will block Vincent’s view from all the light, I’ll update tomorrow thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom