Is that tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPickle

I'm not sure if it's shed that needs to go or some kind of trauma or worse? I already bought benatine to be ready just in case!

106769-3910453455.jpg
106769-8312367135.jpg
106769-9348217323.jpg

Thanks in advance

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like the end was nipped by a tankmate or constricted by a shed at some point. It's likely to just stay like that or the end will fall off and heal over (be sure to keep it clean if this happens to avoid infection). This is pretty common though so unless you see the damaged area appear to move up the tail/expand or if you see an open wound it's not cause for concern.

MrPickle

Original Poster
CooperDragon":16o6ibfu said:
It looks like the end was nipped by a tankmate or constricted by a shed at some point. It's likely to just stay like that or the end will fall off and heal over (be sure to keep it clean if this happens to avoid infection). This is pretty common though so unless you see the damaged area appear to move up the tail/expand or if you see an open wound it's not cause for concern.

Thank you very much for replying! That's reassuring :)

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
CooperDragon":331tjyhf said:
My bearded dragon has a blackish tail tip with a possible nip that did not take off the tail. I dont think it is tail rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom