Stuck shed or fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xano

]Got him around 1 month ago he was 7 inches. Now about 9 inches and almost 2 sheds in I noticed this dark spot on his back it's been 2 weeks since last shed and I'm not sure what it is. This is my first beardie so if anyone has experience or can give me advice I would highly appreciate it just has me worried. Baths are given every other day

106732-7100975071.jpg
106732-5179890925.jpg
106732-7760137329.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, probably just a patch of shed but cut out the baths , if it's fungal baths may spread it. Once he goes through another shed you'll see more clearly what it is. To be proactive get a small tube of Lamisil or Monustat antifungal cream. If it IS fungus it will work on it and if it's just shed it will moisten it enough to get it off.

Xano

Original Poster
AHBD":37pak3ig said:
Hi there, probably just a patch of shed but cut out the baths , if it's fungal baths may spread it. Once he goes through another shed you'll see more clearly what it is. To be proactive get a small tube of Lamisil or Monustat antifungal cream. If it IS fungus it will work on it and if it's just shed it will moisten it enough to get it off.

This was his skin a 3 weeks back on the same spot before the first shed if it's any help
Thank you
[ximg]106732 88929628[/ximg]

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

That last picture does look like it has a high probability of being some type of fungal infection. Doing the lamisil treatments like AHBD suggested should help.

-Brandon

Xano

Original Poster
claudiusx":zufmgpv5 said:
Hi there,

That last picture does look like it has a high probability of being some type of fungal infection. Doing the lamisil treatments like AHBD suggested should help.

-Brandon

Question when applying the cream he's ok to be under the light? Or apply before sleep?

Xano

Original Poster
Thanks guys will keep it updated. His shed is coming on now so we will see if it comes off with it

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not much but it's only been a couple of days. A bit less crusty like Cooper said but see how it does in a week or so, it should look better by then.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does look a bit fungal to me, also. Being proactive & using the lamisil right now should
help out since it appears to be very mild.
He isn't too close to his basking bulb is he?

Tracie

Xano

Original Poster
Drache613":ey2wa732 said:
Hello,

It does look a bit fungal to me, also. Being proactive & using the lamisil right now should
help out since it appears to be very mild.
He isn't too close to his basking bulb is he?

Tracie

I'd say the highest spot is about 6 to 7 inches away and the basking area is about 10 11 inches away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom