Lethargic after vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhpsp

Original Poster
Thank you for that info!

Nigel is doing better! Slightly more active. I’m thinking she’s going to be just fine. Thank you all for the support!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful news your dragon is doing better now, thank goodness. :D
At least she isn't black bearding & is a little more active now also. Let us know if there are
any changes.

Tracie

rhpsp

Original Poster
Good news, Nigel pooped today? She doing good. Nice and lively. I am attaching an image of her feces. Urates were hard, which I knew. It looks dry because I was out.
106655-6005946537.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like she is feeling a lot better now, poor thing!
Keep her well hydrated to get her urates softened up some more. Has she been eating
anything yet?

Tracie

rhpsp

Original Poster
Hi All,

Nigel appears to back to full health! She is drinking, pooping, eating, and is full of energy!

Thank you all for the help!

Being a science teacher I randomly decided to check out her feces under the microscope (yes I’m weird)

I saw, what I believe to be, oocysts. It is my understanding that it is typical to have small amounts in a healthy dragon. Her poop looks fine. But has a terrible odor.

Should I treat? Thoughts?

Thank you all for the continuous help and support for my first beardie!

106655-326592946.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are correct, it is relatively normal for them to have low levels of coccidia as well as
pinworms, most of the time. Though when the levels or counts get too high is when it will
affect their health.
If he doesn't seem to be affected, there really isn't much of a reason to treat them.

Tracie

rhpsp

Original Poster
Hi All,

Nigel is doing quite well!

She’s lively and going to the bathroom regularly.

I was hoping for some advice about water. She hates her baths and I never see her drink. If I leave water in her tank she just ignores it and ends up knocking it over. What should I do about keeping her hydrated? I mist her 2x daily and mist her greens. I have noticed that ever since her health issue, she doesn’t eat her greens!! How do I get her to eat them? She’s eating her roaches.

Thanks again for the help!
106655-2505061529.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Feed her salad first thing in morning w/ 3 super worms and bsfl on top---- make sure she sees you add them to the bowl-- make sure you use a bowl that worms can't get out of-- you can use as many bsfl as you want as they are a good staple feeder-- try that see if that works-- glad to hear she's doing good-- wash the greens before serving and she will moisture out of them
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Nigel looks great, I guess she is starting to feel pretty well now.
You can mist her, outside of her tank though & just continue to try getting oral fluids into
her with a dropper or syringe. Keep working at trying to get her to eat some greens! They
can sure be picky sometimes, but maybe eventually she will cave in & learn to eat them.

Keep us updated on her.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom