Cyst? Tumor? Lump near jaw/beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
babyfigment":2ug1oqs5 said:
Drache613":2ug1oqs5 said:
Hello,

Oh that is good news you may be able to get him in next week. They should examine
him & feel the lump. I would personally ask if they were going to aspirate any fluids from
that area to culture it so they can see what is going on there.
I'm glad he is eating so hopefully it isn't bothering him too badly.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Since I still have another day or so before he will go, should I do anything in the meantime? I have raw honey, would that help at all to apply? Anything I can do to reduce the swelling?
Raw honey wont help that at all.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing?
Unfortunately, raw honey wont treat a lump, etc that is physically inside of the beard
area. If it was an external wound then it would definitely be helpful.
Keep us posted on your dragon!

Tracie

babyfigment

Original Poster
UPDATE:
It was an abscess. my coworker was able to drive me so i took him down this afternoon. They made a small incision and drained it and gave me some stem gel to apply to the incision in the mouth and the small incision on his beard.

He looks much better now and hopefully the gel helps with the healing. They numbed the area and he isn’t dark anymore so I’m hoping he’s not in too much pain or anything (tho he is certainly grumpy about it all)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh, that is too bad he is so grumpy, but, you can't really blame him! So they did say it was
an abscess & they drained it? Did they take a culture & send it in to see if there is some type
of infection in it?
I hope he is feeling better soon!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom