Purple LED Plant Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

felix27

I recently moved my plants next to my adult (6-year-old) beardie's enclosure to overwinter them. I use purple LED lights that are on the same timer as the heat lamp, CHE. I have noticed he has started trying to bask on the side of the enclosure next to where the plants and purple lights are, which is on the cool side of the tank. He still warms up under his MVB in the morning, but spends most of the day on a rock staring at the purple lights.

I'm planning on moving the plants to a new location but I was curious if there is something in the purple LED lights that would make him try to bask under them.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Wont be the UV from them as your glass tank walls will be blocking all the UV.

Move them to the otherside of his tank and see if he basks close to them then, more likely just coincidence or maybe he's seeing the colours created in the follage by reemitted visible light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom