Purple LED Plant Lights

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Purple LED Plant Lights

Postby felix27 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:37 am

I recently moved my plants next to my adult (6-year-old) beardie's enclosure to overwinter them. I use purple LED lights that are on the same timer as the heat lamp, CHE. I have noticed he has started trying to bask on the side of the enclosure next to where the plants and purple lights are, which is on the cool side of the tank. He still warms up under his MVB in the morning, but spends most of the day on a rock staring at the purple lights.

I'm planning on moving the plants to a new location but I was curious if there is something in the purple LED lights that would make him try to bask under them.
felix27
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Purple LED Plant Lights

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:04 pm

Wont be the UV from them as your glass tank walls will be blocking all the UV.

Move them to the otherside of his tank and see if he basks close to them then, more likely just coincidence or maybe he's seeing the colours created in the follage by reemitted visible light.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : new rescues Cheakie (subadult M) Nov 2019, Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures