Noticed a white spot with my dragons shed. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asauna

My dragon has been working on a bad patch of shed for a month, to a month and a half. I was giving her a bath today to try and help, but noticed a white area beneath where some of the stuck shed was. The pictures are of her immediately out of the bath so it'll have a wet look, but it doesn't seem to hurt her, doesn't stop her from eating, and she let me brush against it with no complaint. The dark brown spots are just her current stuck shed, doubled over and dark on top of one another since she's fresh out of the bath.

She eats collared greens, escarole, dubia roaches, hornworms, occasional mealworm (she chews her food) and occasional butterworms once a month as a treat. UVB 10.0 ho and a heat spot between 96-100 depending on the day. Ambient humidity between 30-40. Give her dusted calcium and vitamins regularly.

Here's a link to some photos: https://imgur.com/gallery/QrOD3yk

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

It appears to possibly be a burn or some sort of fungal growth. Is your dragon able to get close enough to the heat lamp? And what are you measuring your basking surface temp with?

How long has the area been like that? Since the start of the shed a month ago?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom