Tail trauma - rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashabou

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and to owning a bearded dragon! I got Bruce from Petsmart a week ago. When I got him, he was shedding, and I noticed his tail had a cinch about a cm from the tip, looked like it was going to fall off with the shed. But after reading more about tail rot with trauma (assuming it was trauma), I'm worried that I should be taking action. He measures to be 2 months old. Could y'all please give me your advice?

Tashabou

Original Poster
library

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Tashabou":3dgjv5aw said:
Code:
[img]http://s38.photobucket.com/user/tashabou/library/[/img]

You did this right, except you want to copy the link to the specific picture you want to post, not your whole library :)

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That tip was damaged from either retained shed or possibly a bite. It looks like it will just fall off and probably not be a problem. You can dab it with Neosporin daily just in case but I've seen that type of small injury before + they usually just fall off.

Tashabou

Original Poster
AHBD":1bwm54od said:
That tip was damaged from either retained shed or possibly a bite. It looks like it will just fall off and probably not be a problem. You can dab it with Neosporin daily just in case but I've seen that type of small injury before + they usually just fall off.

Thanks so much! I will do the neosporin. He has been scratching a bit like he’s ready for another shed so hopefully it will fall off this time

Tashabou

Original Poster
claudiusx":2n5dvif6 said:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
Use that link to upload and then you can use the XIMG to post your picture :)

Once we see it we can better advise you :)

-Brandon

And thanks Brandon for your help with the pic uploads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom