Glass surfing is driving me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past couple of months I've noticed my beardie is running back and forth on the front glass of his aquarium. I've looked it up and found that it could be him seeing his reflection and that I should get a decal for the back. I did that but he is still glass surfing, the reflection is still there.

It's driving me insane because what he will do is poop and then as a glass surfs he will track it everywhere. I will get home from work and it will be on the glass sides, the floor, his dish, everywhere. Is very frustrating. Anyone have any other ideas? Here is a picture of his setup in case anyone wants to see it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qkgrd6fr2yon5h/2019-12-07%2011.43.39.jpg?dl=0

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is there something that he might be seeing outside his tank that he wants to get to?
How old is he?

Sometimes once they hit a certain age they get hormonal, but they typically calm down after a few weeks.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I hate to say it but the tank looks too small for him what size is it ? Hes probably bored --- the lighting in the tank is that a all in one bulb I am assuming--- what happens when you take him out of the tank -- mine has been going crazy wall surfing and hes in a 120 gallon tank --- so if I bring him out for 1-2 hrs and put him back in his tank hes fine -- I would suggest getting him a hide --- and a bigger tank --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok that's good-- you can check craigslist and fb MarketWatch for tanks-- try and get one w/ front doors if you can and make sure you sanitize it good- or you can look at the enclosure board topic a big list of enclosures also there's been several discussions on the forum about tanks-- or if your a carpenter people have built their own as well
Under diy board
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom