Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Poor thing! Think you're doing the best you can for her given the circumstances. It sounds like she really took a hit from the enema + maybe getting ready to brumate, and it may be touch & go for a while. Until you can get her back to the vet, I'd say to keep her warm and as comfortable as possible, and follow AHBD's suggestions about Critical Care. I'd also spend more time with her as she goes through this difficult stretch. I know beardies aren't people, but I can't see any downside to a good, long beardie snuggle at a time like this. Pulling for you both!

MAD37

Original Poster
106396-5040709493.jpg
claudiusx":1u3znaav said:
At the top of the site there is the user image uploader. I dont think you can see it on mobile. But you can upload there and then it will pop up in your ximg.

Since she is black bearding that is a serious indication that she is in distress. Was she black bearding before you went to the vet for the first time?

Unfortunately with these recent developments it's really necessary to have her be seen by a competent reptile vet. Do you have a different vet that is near you that could see you today?

I'm sorry but I wouldn't trust your current vet. And I'm thinking you might want to stop the loxicom too, it can be a bit taxing on the system, but I'd wait for someone else to come and back me up on that before deciding.

-Brandon

MAD37

Original Poster
Aaradimian":2ecxcx01 said:
Poor thing! Think you're doing the best you can for her given the circumstances. It sounds like she really took a hit from the enema + maybe getting ready to brumate, and it may be touch & go for a while. Until you can get her back to the vet, I'd say to keep her warm and as comfortable as possible, and follow AHBD's suggestions about Critical Care. I'd also spend more time with her as she goes through this difficult stretch. I know beardies aren't people, but I can't see any downside to a good, long beardie snuggle at a time like this. Pulling for you both!

I have her stucked into my dressing gowned on my chest, I have found some critical care formula which im going to get in a min.
thanx alot to you and Brandon for taking your time to reply to me.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, poor girl really looks wiped out and in serious condition. I agree that the enema was not necessary, many beardies have degrees of digesting food in their systems most of the time. When my guys are slowing for brumation they go for a couple of weeks with no poo and then sleep for a 3-4 weeks at a time, up to 2-3 months with no pooing then either. For now it's good to try to get some Critical Care or other supplement in her. If she doesn't like the flavor of it you can add a tiny bit of fruit juice [ not acidic ] raw honey or a home made smoothie. You might also try some Repta boost if your pet store carries it. Her system was totally flushed out and she may [ or may not ] have had some slight health problem prior to the enema but an enema can at times wreak havoc on a small animal's system. How long + what strength was she on the Loxicam ? That also could effect her because side effects are nausea, vomiting, dizziness,so now that you took her off of it she may be able to get better little by little. Don't give up hope, she may still rally + overcome this.

MAD37

Original Poster
AHBD":3aucx3oi said:
Aw, poor girl really looks wiped out and in serious condition. I agree that the enema was not necessary, many beardies have degrees of digesting food in their systems most of the time. When my guys are slowing for brumation they go for a couple of weeks with no poo and then sleep for a 3-4 weeks at a time, up to 2-3 months with no pooing then either. For now it's good to try to get some Critical Care or other supplement in her. If she doesn't like the flavor of it you can add a tiny bit of fruit juice [ not acidic ] raw honey or a home made smoothie. You might also try some Repta boost if your pet store carries it. Her system was totally flushed out and she may [ or may not ] have had some slight health problem prior to the enema but an enema can at times wreak havoc on a small animal's system. How long + what strength was she on the Loxicam ? That also could effect her because side effects are nausea, vomiting, dizziness,so now that you took her off of it she may be able to get better little by little. Don't give up hope, she may still rally + overcome this.

MAD37

Original Poster
MAD37":1gzbq693 said:
AHBD":1gzbq693 said:

Hi
Thankyou for your help
Sadly Oasis has died ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I'm so sorry. :( Such a sad event for you, I know that words can't help but my heart breaks for you, so sorry about your baby Oasis. :(

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dang I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how hard this can be. You tried your best and she knew it.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom